cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Samina

It's not useless as Samsung did this last year with the Note 4. It seems like Samsung is pulling it's old tricks again. Normally it ships out a day before the launch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @junior5555

Yes they post that for every device reservation. It's just added there just incase anything happens just like this.

wpd
I plan to stick around

Anyone seeing movement this morning ? As well, anyone reserve the phone at a Bestbuy and receive confirmation ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @wpd

My buddy got his from my best buy. Bell users that pre ordered haven't gotten the shipment yet either it seems. It's strange

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

Still 43rd with an open reservation.

Amazing job Rogers.

Glad to see your crappy reservation system is working for you guys.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @

As I said above, it seems like Bell users have NOT received a confirmation on their pre order either. So how is this Rogers fault?. As the same as last year, it seems like Samsung screwed up again. I am not saying it's not Rogers fault but still. Blaming a company without knowing isn't right. 

It seems like since the Note 3 launch, Samsung has found a way to screw it up.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

This is not a transaction between two casual friends here.

Rogers is a large enough company (as is Bell) to be able to figure these issues out. They would have know days in advance that they wouldnt be shipping on time to meet the launch day. At the VERY least send an email perhaps informing us pretty order clients of any pending delays.

Anything less is just poor customer service.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

I agree fully with you on this as I had said the same last year but then found out Samsung was the reason to do that. If it is the same this year, no wonder why Samsung is losing customers. Nonetheless Rogers should post it as their online reservation system does say that you might not get it at launch. It was there before u signed for it really.

kh29
I plan to stick around

i heard on sammobile that samsung galaxy s6 edge is getting the features from samsung galaxy s6 edge+  

here is the link

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/08/20/galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-start-receiving-s6-edge-features-with-new-...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kh29

Yes I read that the first time u posted it :). That's good then.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

having a blanket disclaimer saying you might not getting launch day and then never following up again is probably the weakest form of coverage I can think of.

I am not asking for a hand delivered, hand written apology letter from Rogers, but a quick email explaining their side of the story saying there have been delays does amazing things for customer peace of mind and happiness.

kh29
I plan to stick around

you guys should get note 5 at best buy becuase they have them in stock depending on the loacation

wpd
I plan to stick around

I went online at BestBuy to reserve a Note 5 about 30 minutes ago. Just received confirmation that it's waiting for me to pick it up.

Something smells rotten with the BIG GUYS ( Bell & Rogers ). They are likely keeping all stock for new activations. Perhaps that why they offer the wireless charging pad for reservations. To compensate for the wait.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

I agree with you on that. Something saying listen this and then is going on would be good.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @wpd

They always have offered stuff like this even if u didn't have to wait... the S6 and S6 edge got the same thing at launch and no one waited. The iPhone 6 got a free bluetooth speaker. It has nothing to do with the waiting

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

So I just called the Rogers store where I am supposed to pick my phone up.

They got three in stock ready to go right now, but my PRE-ORDERED RESERVATION IS NOT THERE.

So yeah, Rogers is really out to stick it to us here.

They are letting regular customers walk in off the street and buy them before the clients who actually went to the trouble of reserving them first. What an angle eh? 

The sales guy did mention walk ins will not be recieving the wireless charger however. That was only for online reservations only.

Good job Rogers. You guys really know how to build brand loyalty.

wpd
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix, as I said, " Perhaps" so if not, then ok. We still have an issue with BestBuy's readily having the phone available and Rogers " apparently " not having a single unit.

Anyone walked into a Rogers store to see if a new activation would produce a unit ?

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

yep. my local store had 3 in stock as of this morning. no pre orders have arrived however. Just new activation units.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

This time apparently it does.

The wireless charger only to those who ordered it online.

rogers.jpg

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @wpd

Best buy gets their stock from their head office. they have a different warehouse that's why but does not expalin why the reservations didn't go threw. I wonder what is going on.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Yes that is correct only reservations get the free wireless chargers but as I sadi every release of a device gets a small gift like that for using the system. Either way it seems like something is up and no one is talking. I would go to the local Rogers store or best buy and get it

Topic Stats