Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Any other Note 4 users considering dropping the pen and getting an Edge +?

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the added info, odd for sure, seems like no matter how advanced or fast the devices get, we always find a way to encounter lag and stutter, even on the pure Android Nexus devices that should be optimized

15-16hrs!!?!?! WOW! I've never had a device last that long, and that's even with me not using it, just sitting idle in my pocket and receiving emails and notifications

the battery review i read the 9 something hours for Note 5 was indicating it actually outlasted the Note 4 despite a smaller battery, outlasting it by something like 30 mins to an hour iirc due to more efficient chip and software improvements

given your input and reviews i have read online i would agree that if you are coming from a device from 2014 it probably would not make sense to upgrade to Note 5, or if lots of storage and replaceable battery are something you would use it also wouldn't be worthwhile to upgrade/get Note 5

for me, coming from a Galaxy S4 and wanting to try a phablet this is an upgrade in all aspects. i have an sd card in my s4 but total used storage internal and external combined is no more than 17 GB, and the only time i use the removable battery is to pull it for a hard reset

any idea if the Note 5 Samsung cases will also be available on launch day? 

the 1TB dropbox you have, is that a paid account or did you manage to get that as a free account with a promo or referrals?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd

Rogers:

S6 edge+ 32GB : $459.99 on a 2-year, $960 no-term (pre-orders now live)
S6 edge+ 64GB: $559.99 on a 2-year, $1,160 no-term (pre-orders now live)

I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a good comparison video of the Note 4 vs. 5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-qgalN5k8

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Very nice! Still Note 4 is better in my eyes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Babukb2,

I'm glad the phone interests you! 

I also think I will get it as I find it has a lot of great features Smiley Wink

The ejectable enhanced Spen and the battery life are definitely pros.

I have had all of the devices of the Samsung Galaxy S family (but the S6) and I think it's time to try out the Note series.

Also, if we reserve through the National Reservations System and purchase the device at the retail location picked, we will get the Free wireless charger !! Smiley Very Happy

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Babukb2

I guess i am lucky that my devices last that long lol. I noticed the same with the Passport and with the S5.

If you are coming from the S4, its it's totally up to u on which device u get. I would stick with the Note 4 as i said many times but it's up to u!.

Well i pay per month for the Dropbox account but I also have 1TB with iCloud for free ( Apple rep gave it to me lol).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersMaude

Thanks for your response!! That's great you

will be getting it but it's not as it has many features Smiley Wink lol.

Yes that is correct! If you reserve it with Rogers Reservation System then you get the free wireless charger when upgrading to a new Everything Shared Plan! I would also like to add to have it picked up and reserved to go to ur local Rogers store, not a authorized store. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks @ShakTiburon

I would be interested in seeing how to approach a store to charge the full cost of the device to the A/C, I would like to use my Rewards Points and my credit balance Smiley Happy 

My mistake on the Future Shop reference, it's all Best Buy nowm huh? 

Do I just ask one the of the store representative that I am here to get Note 5 as BYOD and please charge the full cost to my A/C and please don't change my loyalty plan? Smiley Happy

Any one can recommend a particular store / location?

Thanks.