cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

wpd
I plan to stick around

Didn't see the price on the site for the 64gb version of the Edge+. safe to assume $100 more than the 32? ? 579 i?

wpd
I plan to stick around

Any other Note 4 users considering dropping the pen and getting an Edge +?

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

thanks for the added info, odd for sure, seems like no matter how advanced or fast the devices get, we always find a way to encounter lag and stutter, even on the pure Android Nexus devices that should be optimized

15-16hrs!!?!?! WOW! I've never had a device last that long, and that's even with me not using it, just sitting idle in my pocket and receiving emails and notifications

the battery review i read the 9 something hours for Note 5 was indicating it actually outlasted the Note 4 despite a smaller battery, outlasting it by something like 30 mins to an hour iirc due to more efficient chip and software improvements

given your input and reviews i have read online i would agree that if you are coming from a device from 2014 it probably would not make sense to upgrade to Note 5, or if lots of storage and replaceable battery are something you would use it also wouldn't be worthwhile to upgrade/get Note 5

for me, coming from a Galaxy S4 and wanting to try a phablet this is an upgrade in all aspects. i have an sd card in my s4 but total used storage internal and external combined is no more than 17 GB, and the only time i use the removable battery is to pull it for a hard reset

any idea if the Note 5 Samsung cases will also be available on launch day? 

the 1TB dropbox you have, is that a paid account or did you manage to get that as a free account with a promo or referrals?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @wpd

Rogers:

S6 edge+ 32GB : $459.99 on a 2-year, $960 no-term (pre-orders now live)
S6 edge+ 64GB: $559.99 on a 2-year, $1,160 no-term (pre-orders now live)

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Here's a good comparison video of the Note 4 vs. 5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-qgalN5k8

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Very nice! Still Note 4 is better in my eyes.

Hi @Babukb2,

I'm glad the phone interests you! 

I also think I will get it as I find it has a lot of great features Smiley Wink

The ejectable enhanced Spen and the battery life are definitely pros.

I have had all of the devices of the Samsung Galaxy S family (but the S6) and I think it's time to try out the Note series.

Also, if we reserve through the National Reservations System and purchase the device at the retail location picked, we will get the Free wireless charger !! Smiley Very Happy

RogersMaude

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

I guess i am lucky that my devices last that long lol. I noticed the same with the Passport and with the S5.

If you are coming from the S4, its it's totally up to u on which device u get. I would stick with the Note 4 as i said many times but it's up to u!.

Well i pay per month for the Dropbox account but I also have 1TB with iCloud for free ( Apple rep gave it to me lol).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @RogersMaude

Thanks for your response!! That's great you

will be getting it but it's not as it has many features 😉 lol.

Yes that is correct! If you reserve it with Rogers Reservation System then you get the free wireless charger when upgrading to a new Everything Shared Plan! I would also like to add to have it picked up and reserved to go to ur local Rogers store, not a authorized store. 

Thanks @ShakTiburon

I would be interested in seeing how to approach a store to charge the full cost of the device to the A/C, I would like to use my Rewards Points and my credit balance 🙂 

My mistake on the Future Shop reference, it's all Best Buy nowm huh? 

Do I just ask one the of the store representative that I am here to get Note 5 as BYOD and please charge the full cost to my A/C and please don't change my loyalty plan? 🙂

Any one can recommend a particular store / location?

Thanks. 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

for all the Note users here, any recommendations on a car mount that works with Note's?

preferably one that has the fast wireless charging built in, if it exists

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Karthik_S

Its all Best Buy now lol. Yes that would be the ideal thing to do. Just speak to your store rep & see what they can do for you!

I would highly suggest the location at Victoria Park & Gerrard here in Toronto & Also underneath the Rogers head office at Bloor street. Those are the 2 best locations u can go. You can also go to the one at the Rogers center as well!

wpd
I plan to stick around

I use the iOAuto magnetic mount from proclipusa.com. Works with any phone and is very strong. They also have mounts specific to any phone and dash mounts for just about any car.

No wireless charging though.

kh29
I plan to stick around

i have a question how do i get oncirle feature on samsung galaxy s6 edge and apps edge aswell

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kh29

You mean the edge feature on the S6 edge? You need to go into Samsung Apps in their store & download it from there. The S6 edge feature should be in there?

kh29
I plan to stick around

yes i meant the edge feature

kh29
I plan to stick around

where do i find apps edge and oncirle feature on samsung app store, can you give me the link

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Takuda makes a magnetic car mount for only $20 with free shipping on Amazon.ca...

http://www.amazon.ca/Takuda-Universal-Windshield-Dashboard-Magnetic/dp/B00M6MZV8G

Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NER7UJc24OA

But I am afraid it would stop the wireless charger from working?!? Anyone know?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kh29

The link i give u wont do much though. Its the Samsung Apps Application on your device.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/apps/mobile/galaxyapps/?redirectionId=http://apps.samsung.com/mercury/main...

wpd
I plan to stick around

My preference, with a $1000 phone, is to not use suction mounts. I use mounts that are integrated into the dashboard for security and also to eliminate the annoying mess of cluttering / obstructing view through the windshield. Just my preferences....

Topic Stats