cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Patthe
I plan to stick around

For all the one that miss the SD Card, 

have a look on that BATTERY / SDCARD Case : 

http://www.incipio.com/chargers/offgrid-backup-battery-cases/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-battery-cases/of...

What you guy think about this ? They will probably  make one for the note 5 and Edge+ 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

I won't lie i liked that case when it came out but sadly it is bulky and heavy when adding the device into it. While yes it does give u a extra battery and a SD card slot idk I saw it in person and had a customer which had it and they told me that it's bulky and heavy plus it hides the design of the phone.

Hopefully they can make one less heavy and bulky

Patthe
I plan to stick around

lol, Im use of my S5 with the Extra 7 500 mHa battery, so I dont mind the weight. I prefert a heavy phone over a phone that dont last a full day or need to charge all the time.

Agreed @Patthe - If the phone is meant to do more, then why not have battery that actually meets the requirement.
x__x" We want fuel systems on our phone! (Kidding, that will be a hazard)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe & @ShakTiburon

I agree as well. It sucks that the manufacturers don't add a bigger battery into the devices for us

Now how will they (or their partners who make accessories) make money?
tsk tsk tsk, we can't forget about the guys who extract money from our accounts...

That's like how game developers make Games now. with DLC content at launch. lulwut? - If its available why not have it as part of the game? Silly really.
I love our ecosystem we have slammed our faces too. (And it isn't a single corperation...
COMPLETELY offtopic i know, so lets move back to Samsung and Note 5).

I actually am starting to accept the missing features. I probably will still get the phone because of Camera Upgrade. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

That is true!. Lets all stick to the topic as we have been getting a bit off topic with a couple of posts!

The camera upgrade on the Note 5 is great! I like seeing that. I am able to use it today but after 1pm when it gets in the store.

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

I am now #17 on the reservation list... does anyone have an idea when I can pick the phone up? How much will the wireless charging base cost? I have a qi wireless charger from my nokia 1020... I wonder if that will work? The note 5 is supposed to be compatible with qi chargers...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Your device will ship out for delivery a day or so before the release date which is August 21nd. You should have it at launch. The wireless charger from Samsung cost $59.99 and or $69.99.

Yes that is true. The Note 5 is indeed compatible with wireless charging

jimbosst
I plan to stick around

It says you get a free wireless charger if you pre order it and switch to a share everything plan my 3rd line isn't on a share everything plan so I should be getting a free wireless charger then

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jimbosst

You won't be getting a free wireless charger unless u change to a a everything shared plan. Those unfortunately are the rules. So when u go to your local Rogers store to do ur upgrade, u need to change ur plan to a Everything Shared Plan in order to get it free. If you are buying the device outright, then yes u will receive the wireless charger for free.

jimbosst
I plan to stick around

No I will be switching to an everything plan I have 2 phones on one now My third line is on its own so I'll add that on for only $15 more a month

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jimbosst

Ahh okay that's good then! 🙂

o__o" I want a Wireless charger. It looks pretty.

I just realized I haven't been getting alerts for new post unless @Meowmix tags me. GAH.

My reservation didn't even ask me what store. Is that normal? Last reservation I did (last year) asked me for store and color and all those fun stuff. what did i miss?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Hmm mine asked me for a store and a model. Are u on a business account? If so that's the reason.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I just switch to a busness account to a normal account ( 10 GB muhaha ), 

I also comfirm with Rogers, im an #1 on the list for a Black Samsung Galaxy Edge+ 64 GB 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

That's awesome! Glad to see that ur first! 🙂

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I think because I swith from busness to normal share account, I cannot see my reservation at all.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Yeah that's the reason why

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

reserved last night, was spot 202 and 203, now today spots 198 and 199

It's a shame only comes in black at this time, I would really want the Gold, had there been an indication of when the other colours will be released i may have waited, guess the consolation prize will be the free wireless charger for the early reservation!

@Meowmix any word on when/if gold will be coming?

upgrading from an S4 so it's not such a tough decision like for people who have a fairly newer device and this isn't a huge upgrade. no removable battery and no SD card are the only draw backs imo

let's face it, it is just a big S6 with 1gb extra RAM and an S pen, not a bad thing imo

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

There is no indication on when the gold model will come out or if it will come out unfortunately. Exactly. That's all it is. A bigger S6 with a extra 1GB, SPen, a few more little tweaks and yeah.

Topic Stats