cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Honestly if you don't like it when u use it, you have 15 days or less than 30 minutes of talk time to return it back and get another device. The battery life seems effy for me as well but we shall see.

@Andre_Avigdor - Nice battery pack! I have Note 3 as well - Never ended up getting extended battery case (should have, I charge my phone 2-3 times a day lol)

Note 5 battery is disappointing, but maybe a case will come out for that too? hoping at least. the phone does look nice. but it was never the look i went for, i went for features and functionality....

still bummed about NO IR! ASDFjaslkfjw3r4 ahhhhhh!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Even if a case does come out, it will make it look to bulky I assume. It seems Samsung failed to realize that they have a huge fan base due to their removable battery and SD card slot offer. That's why the S6 barely sold. The battery wasn't as good and no removable, no SD card slot.

As for the Ir blaster, they should have kept that but I assume Samsung as Samsung didn't want too. Oh well.

I do have the Morphie we battery pack and the Insgina battery pack as well.

Hello to you too @Meowmix

They didn't keep it because their partner (forget their name or if its even a partner and not in-house?) who makes the app WatchON stop supporting Samsung custom roms or something...
ChatON also died early this year...

IR Blaster is gone because there is no native app. As a company it is a smart move as a consumer I am upset because I have a Dedicated app I paid $10 for. My smartphone is less smart if I upgrade and I lose features. I probably will upgrade to Note 4 or Note Edge (variant);

I think they already made the design and had everything set for launch and were on final stages when they got results for S6 sales.
Yes, they could stop from pushing out the product but in samsung eyes, getting the return of the cost the invested in designing and producing the phone is primary.
Samsung is smart, it cares about Korean Economy first. (They have a lot of employees and hard workers.)
Samsung can also make a New Note 5 variant after without a care in the world.

They are known for having all sorts of variants for the same series within the same year.

North America only sees some of it. o__o

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I'm using Peel Remote on my Note 4 at the moment. That's the app that came with it. Either way Samsung is killing the user base and them selfs by removing this stuff that users liked about them.

While that is true, they make the designs 1 year before the release. 4 prototypes are made and they pick which i is appealing to them.. They took the S6 design and added it on the Note line which in my mind was the WORST thing they could have done.

Peel! that's it. yeah those guys made WatchON.

-__-" I used something different with custom template shareable to other users - I guess time to search for IR blaster phones... but I lose the Pen -__-"

@Meowmix - MAKE A PHONE. You seem handy! 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Haha i wish i could. Maybe one day but for now I will see how the Note 5 plays out

So @Meowmix

What is something NEW Note 5 brings? (I actually didn't look at full specs, only on what I was losing and I got sad to continue reading)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

It brings a new design, new SPen, wireless charging, fast charging, bigger and better camera, the chips and internal bigger storage. That's all it brings really

*sigh*
I like google services, maybe LG or Sony? I was gonna get a PS4 - Sony might be better option at this point. (Since I like integration of services)

Still keeping my reservation though. I might actually get Note 5 for now o_o'

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Lets keep this thread on topic though:). For now i will testing the Note 5 out from our store & see how it works

Can't wait to hear your review. I am hoping for positive remarks - like I said, I am still excited for a New Note Series... just not thrilled about loss of things I am use to.

I am sure I'll live lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

So am i actually. I want to feel & see how it works out. I should have my review out on Tuesday night i hope!!

@Meowmix 😉

Better tag me on your review so I can as soon as you post it! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I will make a general post of the device review 🙂

Sweet 🙂 Will we get to see a youtube video review of you at BestBuy showing off the new demo model? 😮

You should be a review expert here! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

lol no they have someone for that at BB. I hope i can do that but only the Rogers management will say the ok!

Fair enough - O_O I shall patiently wait.
On the bright side, if I get enough good words about it, I'll hop on the bandwagon. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

From what i heard from our Samsung rep he does have one & likes it. He does say that he does not like the removable battery & no SD cards though

I wouldn't think the phone is bad. It is a premium phone, what it does have, it delivers greatly. The lack off features that it already had is what urks folks (Facebook Page for Samsung Canada blew up yesterday - with people expressing concerns). I still think it is fairly a good model. I might Go Note Edge (last year) or Note 5. I still like the pen. the pretty pretty pen ^__^
And aha! you tagged me wrong last post 😛
@Meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yeah i was reading those comments and i must say if Samsung didn't learn their lesson or see how disappointed their customers are, they are lost lol. Oh well. Hopefully i like it hehe

Topic Stats