cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the 1st communication from @rogers ever...!
however, I'm pretty sure its gonna be the same android 6.0.1 as other carriers have released. Also do you guys realize that it's been 7 months since android 6.0.1 was released and you are the only Carrier who hasn't pushed the update yet. Google is almost done with the android N already!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @shomilsaini

I agree but again maybe they have newer updates from Samsung like security patches that they will want to put all together in and have it sent out in one shot. I don't think many though of that.

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around
Hi @Meowmix
You might be right, but have you thought as to why all softwares push incremental updates instead of 1 giant update after 2 years... coz they wanna be evolving with time... not with time lapse...
Why do we have to wait when everyone else is enjoying the show already for months... ??

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @shomilsaini

I do agree with you 100% on that. We as customers shouldnt wait for any updates that are needed but i guess for them it's easier in one shot then in multiple shots I guess.

enrai
I plan to stick around

Nokia Lumia 830 supposed to get their Win 10 update today. We'll see if there's a big bruhaha like the one we have here... Smiley Mad

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enrai

Wrong thread my friend lol. We shall see though. We shall see.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
I am pretty sure our update has nothing more than what Telus has already published. Only a few bloatware apps that need to be disabled right away.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mmostafaei

No one knows. So we can't say anything until we see what the update has.

If we get the May security updates along with 6.0.1 AND Samsung Pay, I won't cancel my contract.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mr_S6_Edge_plus

No one knows what the update will feature. I don't know if the May update will be included or not. Until then we just have to wait and see when it finally comes out.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
has anyone been able to update to android 6.0? on the os upgrade page they were showing that the update was to happen on April 27th but now it shows "coming soon"

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ernsy92

The update was delayed for unknown reason. So no one got the update unless they rooted their own devices on their won terms. Rogers has not released the update yet.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
ok I guess I'll have to wait. thanks for the prompt response

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ernsy92

You are welcome!

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I have a hunch you will be waiting for a while. Can someone tell me if I unlock my note 5 and take it to another provider will I get the marshmallow update from them when I active the new sim card?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @soundwave80

Most likely you will but u will need to add their APN and settings to do so. Best to try and see.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
Hmmm good question. I doubt it though, but i can try it. My note 5 is unlocked.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
If you try please let us know. I'm tired of paying for a premium service only to receive mediocre.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

It seems like rogers has some network issues with the update. It is funny how quick they are in removing posts, i wish other departments would act like these guys too lol

As for trying Telus sim card, i will see if I can one to try it. Will keep you guys posted if I find any thing.

SFShakeel
I plan to stick around

If you have trying to use Telus or anyother company SIM, it won't help you to get upgrade since this phone belongs to Rogers and IMEI / ESN are registered in Samsung verification databases.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mmostafaei

Yeah most likely that is due to it as its supposed to be only for you thats why.

Let us l know though what happens!