cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Got it. I just tried it and it went up from 65% to 67%. Unfortunately for me, with v. v. minimal use it's already down to 64% in 3-4mins of reading up on this code...

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I let it drain then fully charge it once it powers off and leave it off until 100% charged.

OK, got it. I'll try the same. Are you using any battery calibration/tool apps as well? (I'm not, but just wondering..)

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
No nothing else , I don't even use the power saving feature anymore.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

did you just typed the code in the dial pad and then left the screen after? Or did you click on "quick" button at the bottom as well?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I entered the code then followed the prompt that popped up. I don't recall exactly what it said but there was some kind of warning, so proceed at your own risk.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

For those with battery issues, did you guys ever booted into safemode? Safemode seems to be a way to reset Android to default, and meanwhile allows you to compare if it may be app related causing the drain.

To get into safe mode, power off device, turn on the device, and then repeatly keep hitting the volume down key continiously. If it is successful once you boot into android, bottom left will say safe mode.

manishk
I've been here awhile
There was another Rogers update pushed to the Note 5 on Oct 27th. It came with the October security patch and might have had other improvements as well, maybe on battery life so try downloading it and see if it helps.
Also, I know people earlier in this conversation said marshmallow was never pushed to their phones back in May/June (I was one of them) and didn't want to load another carriers's update but this update was pushed OTA so if you still don't have marshmallow, you might get it now!

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I actually came back to this thread for the sole purpose of seeing if anyone else has been having issues since that October security update.
My battery life stinks yet again and Web pages seem to hesitate before loading.
Also it seems that Samsung is rolling out the note 7 grace ux to note 5 in Korea, I'm wondering if we'll ever see it?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @soundwave80

Last update on this thread was a month ago. So maybe some have figured out the issue and fixed it or haven't communicated yet.

As for the update, it will be released to Rogers when Samsung Canada releases it and then Rogers will test it and release it to their own time. Until then there isn't much information on it