Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Hello @nexxusty

Hmm i wonder why they sent you those ones with damage on it? hmm sound very weird but it happens i notice. That still should not happen.

I agree with you & no i am not defending them at all actually. I am just saying what i see.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think I know why Rogers doesn't post their OS upgrade schedule. After following Telus' update schedule, they keep changing their planned date.

Personally, I just use Telus' schedule to estimate when I'll get my OS update. I'm still OK using Lollipop right now on my Note5.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enrai

It could be due to that but again no one knows what's really going on in the back end. None of us are experts or developers for them. All we can do is assume what's going on.

Honestly at this point all we can do it wait until they post something or someone says something
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/03/24/galaxy-note-4-marshmallow-update-released-by-sprint/

sprint released their version of Android M.... hope the slow pokes at ROGERS get off their humps and get working on it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung has approved the update,  It is availalbe March 24th (already passed) but no word on when this update will be pushed out to the Rogers users?  The upgrades page shows it going to one of the google phones but just says "coming soon".  How about an ETA????

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darker01

Unfortunately at this moment there won't be a specific date u till it's been announced. I know Bell and Telus has their pushed for a later date

I've Been Here Awhile

Well nothing like stating the obvious.  I already knew there wouldn't be a date till they announced the date DUH.  What I am pushing for is for them to announce the date!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darker01

Sadly at this moment I doubt that a date will be given out until they fully test the update and add their bloatware into the software. Until then they won't push a date until that's all ironed out.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well they finally updated their OS page to "coming soon" and the LG G3 Marshmallow update is rolling out on all Canadian carrier now so thing look good for us Note 5 owners I guess
I Plan to Stick Around

April 7th according to telus but they've changed that a few times already. Lets hope the date sticks this time. Marshmallow has been the slowest rolling update across all devices honestly not sure why but it might be buggy to begin with.