Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

I dialed *#0228# on the dialer a few weeks ago, my battery immediately saw a 4% gain from 51% to 55%. After that I drained the battery then fully charged it.
After doing this i noticed a huge improvement.
I'm Here A Lot

That's so weird - what exactly is that??? After you drained, have you noticed the battery drain issue disappear?
I Plan to Stick Around

It is a Samsung battery calibration code. I personally went from having to charge my phone around 7 pm to having 15-20% left at bed time around 12 am .
Obviously I can't guarantee everyone will experience the same results as me, but if you're as desperate as I was, I don't think it will hurt.
I'm Here A Lot

Got it. I just tried it and it went up from 65% to 67%. Unfortunately for me, with v. v. minimal use it's already down to 64% in 3-4mins of reading up on this code...

I Plan to Stick Around

I let it drain then fully charge it once it powers off and leave it off until 100% charged.
I'm Here A Lot

OK, got it. I'll try the same. Are you using any battery calibration/tool apps as well? (I'm not, but just wondering..)

I Plan to Stick Around

No nothing else , I don't even use the power saving feature anymore.
I Plan to Stick Around

did you just typed the code in the dial pad and then left the screen after? Or did you click on "quick" button at the bottom as well?

I Plan to Stick Around

I entered the code then followed the prompt that popped up. I don't recall exactly what it said but there was some kind of warning, so proceed at your own risk.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those with battery issues, did you guys ever booted into safemode? Safemode seems to be a way to reset Android to default, and meanwhile allows you to compare if it may be app related causing the drain.

To get into safe mode, power off device, turn on the device, and then repeatly keep hitting the volume down key continiously. If it is successful once you boot into android, bottom left will say safe mode.