Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

For anyone having issues after the update, please give it a few days to settle (as with any major OS update), and the battery life should improve.

If not, I suggest backing up and doing a factory reset. That will most certainly fix any issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think this is a marshmallow bug. The same problem exists on the s7. There's a forum on xda with hundreds of people having the same issue. The most recent update I got caused a drain so I went back to the previous firmware and my battery is all good now.
I Plan to Stick Around

My battery life has been horrible. I loose 25% on stay by overnight if not plugged in. That should not be happening.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

Just wanted to point out that not all S7 and S7 edge devices have this issue. I have the S7 edge and my battery lasts me around 16-18hrs per day with Bluetooth on, LTE on and also Always On Display. So it all depends. Some devices don't get hit but most do I noticed.

My buddies Note 5 has it bad though. Feel bad for him.
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah same with mine -- I've tried everything now. Even factory reset and started from scratch to see whether it has any positive impact but none so far.

I was also in one of the 1st waves to receive the update end of May so, I've had plenty of time for the device to get "used to the new OS" but the battery has not improved whatsoever.

In fact I feel it's draining even faster as the days go on....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @amitbuk

Honestly this is one reason why I dislike Android. The updates cause major battery issues and sometimes can screw up the device. It all depends on each device but most are affected.
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no update
I Plan to Stick Around

Mabey Roger's halted the update due to the bugs. Rogers version of marshmallow isn't even available on Sammobile.
I've Been Around

I still have no update. For those who have the update, what is your baseband version?
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone having any luck with their battery? I did factory reset ( didn't restore from backup for my apps either ), still not great for battery life at all 😞