Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

I have two PCs of Samsung Note 5 with Rogers. Both phones are bought under subsidy shared family plan in Feb 2016 and both phones are used with Rogers SIM card. One of them received update notification on 31 May morning and I already updated successfully and everything working fine including Wi-Fi calling. But other phone didn’t receive any update notification till now. I didn’t try Samsung smart Switch. Any suggestion! Is there any others who didn’t receive update notification?

I Plan to Stick Around

Is the WiFi calling available to unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 as well?
I Plan to Stick Around

I havent received the update yet as well. I also tried through Smart switch.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

The Note 5 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update is being pushed to all Galaxy Note 5 users in phases.

If you haven’t received it yet, you will get a notification to download the software update anytime over the next few days.

Once updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1 you will be able to activate Wi-Fi Calling. Wi-Fi Calling on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is available to all eligible Rogers customers.

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

For eligibility's check out Rogers Wi-FI Calling FAQs

For a step by step onboarding process see How To: Set Up Android Wi-Fi Calling On Your Samsung Note 5

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

So I updated my Note 5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 yesterday. I didn't get prompted to update my phone, but I clicked on "Check for update" option. It automatically download the update file after that. The file size was just over 1.3MB.

I immediately tried to activate the Wi-Fi Calling feature, and I got as far as the screen that asked for a verification code from Rogers. After that it says that I'm not eligible for this feature.

I started an online Customer Support chat (since I don't have any other phone), got help within 2 minutes, and the CSR did a few things on his end, and I got the Wi-Fi Calling feature to work after a few minutes.

Haven't really try, but I hope this feature will improve my experience with Rogers. I've had low signal at my home, so we'll see in a few days.

I've Been Here Awhile

No update yet.....getting really annoyed at how long this is dragging on.

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you try to update with Samsung smart switch? I wish I never updated as my battery is terrible since I updated!
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't get OTA update notification but It give me notification if I plug to PC through Samsung Smart Switch.

If I do update through Samsung Smart Switch, my phone wipe/erase everything? Of course there is option for back up piror to firmware update.

I've Been Here Awhile

No I haven't. How do you so that via smartswitch?
I Plan to Stick Around

Download Samsung smart switch to your computer and plug your phone into the USB.