cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

We promised you that we were baking something sweet into our Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the day has come!

As of May 31st, Wi-Fi calling for Android will be available on the Samsung Note 5.

For a step by step onboarding process see How To: Set Up Android Wi-Fi Calling On Your Samsung Note 5

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

Check out Rogers Wi-FI Calling FAQs to understand more about Rogers Wi-Fi Calling, eligibility and how it works.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

282 REPLIES 282

hart0088
I've been here awhile

What's with the wait. I was told this update will fix the bad signal the note 5 has.

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @hart0088

Unfortunately they haven't released anything yet for this device. I would suggest looking at the OS Upgrade Schedule thread to see if they do update it with any new information regarding the update for the Note 5.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mmostafaei

At this moment there isn't any news on when Rogers will release it for the Note 5. Keep a eye out on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread for more information when they do update it..

http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OSUpgrade.html

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
I am aware of that. But wondering why Rogers is usually the last carrier to upgrade their OS. The other carriers are releasing the update and Rogers hasn't even announced it yet......

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mmosstafaei

Unfortunately that's something no one can give u a straight answer on. Even they won't. They mostly likely will release It the same time. I'll see what I can find out though

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Rogers doesn't update their update schedule so don't hold out too much hope that any further information will be provided.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

They do update it but it's not likely they will until they get the information from the back end.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
No update still? This is a great example of how OS should be updated: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

No update or "coming soon" on Rogers OS update site is pathetic. Thanksfully I am close to end of my agreement and I can switch out from Rogers soon.

nexxusty
I plan to stick around

I've about had it with Rogers too. For this and other reasons. They sent me a refurb Note 5 that wont get an LTE-A signal, this is my 2nd refurb sent to me as well, the first had scuffs all over the screen. On to my 3rd one I guess....

Samsung already takes way too long for OS Upgrades. Longer than any other MFR. Rogers makng this worse doesnt help things. Being secretive to your customers does not make them like you.

It's not necessary at all. MOST people are just looking for ANY change to the sheet. That would not and is not too much to ask. Stop trying to defend their actions on this matter Meowmix.... it's getting old.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nexxusty

Hmm i wonder why they sent you those ones with damage on it? hmm sound very weird but it happens i notice. That still should not happen.

I agree with you & no i am not defending them at all actually. I am just saying what i see.

enrai
I plan to stick around

I think I know why Rogers doesn't post their OS upgrade schedule. After following Telus' update schedule, they keep changing their planned date.

Personally, I just use Telus' schedule to estimate when I'll get my OS update. I'm still OK using Lollipop right now on my Note5.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enrai

It could be due to that but again no one knows what's really going on in the back end. None of us are experts or developers for them. All we can do is assume what's going on.

Honestly at this point all we can do it wait until they post something or someone says something

SS604
I plan to stick around

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/03/24/galaxy-note-4-marshmallow-update-released-by-sprint/

sprint released their version of Android M.... hope the slow pokes at ROGERS get off their humps and get working on it. 

darker01
I've been here awhile

Samsung has approved the update,  It is availalbe March 24th (already passed) but no word on when this update will be pushed out to the Rogers users?  The upgrades page shows it going to one of the google phones but just says "coming soon".  How about an ETA????

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @darker01

Unfortunately at this moment there won't be a specific date u till it's been announced. I know Bell and Telus has their pushed for a later date

darker01
I've been here awhile

Well nothing like stating the obvious.  I already knew there wouldn't be a date till they announced the date DUH.  What I am pushing for is for them to announce the date!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @darker01

Sadly at this moment I doubt that a date will be given out until they fully test the update and add their bloatware into the software. Until then they won't push a date until that's all ironed out.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Well they finally updated their OS page to "coming soon" and the LG G3 Marshmallow update is rolling out on all Canadian carrier now so thing look good for us Note 5 owners I guess

Malek777
I plan to stick around
April 7th according to telus but they've changed that a few times already. Lets hope the date sticks this time. Marshmallow has been the slowest rolling update across all devices honestly not sure why but it might be buggy to begin with.

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

Rogers OS update page indicate 27 April for Marshmellow 6.0 for Note 5.