cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around
Both methods not working

I have a Note 5 however the 6.0.1 update never came through on my device ... any ideas ?

reeza
I've been around

ever since I did the update a few days ago my phones battery has been horrible. I went from getting a day and a quarter before seeing 30% battery before charging. Now I can't even get 3/4 of a day before i hit 30%.

I've battery optimized, forced stop on most all apps, tuned feedback settings, notifications, smart stay, etc, etc. all before doing the update.

I'm royally annoyed

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I installed battery doctor,it's constantly finding battery issues .Not the best solution but it seems to be helping somewhat.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I installed battery doctor,it's constantly finding battery issues .Not the best solution but it seems to be helping somewhat.

if it is consistently finding issues, all that really determines is apps that are running in background which is consuming battery.. next time before you hit optimize, try to write down or remember which apps are closed. If you can find an app that is consistently on the list, that may be your culprit for the drain.

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around

its been a week since the marshmellow update was released for the Note 5.  Is there anyone who still did not get the update either through OTA or Smart Switch?

Or should I call tech support for a possible issue wth my phone.

Hi donaldsnow,

Android Marshmallow update is being sent by Samsung to all the Galaxy Note 5 users in phases. If you have not yet received it, you will get a notification from Samsung to download the software update anytime over the next few days. 

If you have not received the update in another week, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards, 

RogersLynne

MrGaryZ
I'm here a lot

My on screen time has dropped from 3.5 hours to 2.5 hours. No other noticeable changes since the update to Android 6.0.1. 

Anyone have suggestions for a fix?

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

For anyone having issues after the update, please give it a few days to settle (as with any major OS update), and the battery life should improve.

If not, I suggest backing up and doing a factory reset. That will most certainly fix any issues.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
I think this is a marshmallow bug. The same problem exists on the s7. There's a forum on xda with hundreds of people having the same issue. The most recent update I got caused a drain so I went back to the previous firmware and my battery is all good now.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
My battery life has been horrible. I loose 25% on stay by overnight if not plugged in. That should not be happening.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Malek777

Just wanted to point out that not all S7 and S7 edge devices have this issue. I have the S7 edge and my battery lasts me around 16-18hrs per day with Bluetooth on, LTE on and also Always On Display. So it all depends. Some devices don't get hit but most do I noticed.

My buddies Note 5 has it bad though. Feel bad for him.

Yeah same with mine -- I've tried everything now. Even factory reset and started from scratch to see whether it has any positive impact but none so far.

I was also in one of the 1st waves to receive the update end of May so, I've had plenty of time for the device to get "used to the new OS" but the battery has not improved whatsoever.

In fact I feel it's draining even faster as the days go on....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amitbuk

Honestly this is one reason why I dislike Android. The updates cause major battery issues and sometimes can screw up the device. It all depends on each device but most are affected.

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around
Still no update

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Mabey Roger's halted the update due to the bugs. Rogers version of marshmallow isn't even available on Sammobile.

I still have no update. For those who have the update, what is your baseband version?

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

Anyone having any luck with their battery? I did factory reset ( didn't restore from backup for my apps either ), still not great for battery life at all 😞

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I dialed *#0228# on the dialer a few weeks ago, my battery immediately saw a 4% gain from 51% to 55%. After that I drained the battery then fully charged it.
After doing this i noticed a huge improvement.

That's so weird - what exactly is that??? After you drained, have you noticed the battery drain issue disappear?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
It is a Samsung battery calibration code. I personally went from having to charge my phone around 7 pm to having 15-20% left at bed time around 12 am .
Obviously I can't guarantee everyone will experience the same results as me, but if you're as desperate as I was, I don't think it will hurt.