Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

It's unfortunate so many people are having problems. Battery life is noticeably better for me and my wife's Note 4 is as undrainable as ever.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What update method did you use Samsung smart switch or OTA?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Both methods not working
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a Note 5 however the 6.0.1 update never came through on my device ... any ideas ?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

ever since I did the update a few days ago my phones battery has been horrible. I went from getting a day and a quarter before seeing 30% battery before charging. Now I can't even get 3/4 of a day before i hit 30%.

I've battery optimized, forced stop on most all apps, tuned feedback settings, notifications, smart stay, etc, etc. all before doing the update.

I'm royally annoyed

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I installed battery doctor,it's constantly finding battery issues .Not the best solution but it seems to be helping somewhat.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I installed battery doctor,it's constantly finding battery issues .Not the best solution but it seems to be helping somewhat.

if it is consistently finding issues, all that really determines is apps that are running in background which is consuming battery.. next time before you hit optimize, try to write down or remember which apps are closed. If you can find an app that is consistently on the list, that may be your culprit for the drain.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

its been a week since the marshmellow update was released for the Note 5.  Is there anyone who still did not get the update either through OTA or Smart Switch?

Or should I call tech support for a possible issue wth my phone.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi donaldsnow,

Android Marshmallow update is being sent by Samsung to all the Galaxy Note 5 users in phases. If you have not yet received it, you will get a notification from Samsung to download the software update anytime over the next few days. 

If you have not received the update in another week, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards, 

RogersLynne

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My on screen time has dropped from 3.5 hours to 2.5 hours. No other noticeable changes since the update to Android 6.0.1. 

Anyone have suggestions for a fix?