Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Do you guys have "Ok google" enabled without knowing it. That is a serious battery hog which could explain that kind of drain as OK google would be included under Android system. Check in Google Now settings under "voice". That solved a friend's battery issues on a Telus Note 5.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@psre08 wrote:
Do you guys have "Ok google" enabled without knowing it. That is a serious battery hog which could explain that kind of drain as OK google would be included under Android system. Check in Google Now settings under "voice". That solved a friend's battery issues on a Telus Note 5.

yes I am aware of this, and no google voice is not enabled on my phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80 wrote:
Yes I wiped the cache partition, and just screen and Android OS is the problem.ive installed greenify but no help from that so I Uninstalled it.

Btw, in settings->advanced features, make sure to disable all those features. Also for the Display, disable the "Smart stay".

Check your settings->Accounts, do you have any that are complaining of "Sync Error", if so, re-add the accounts because that causes battery drains too. Android keeps trying to sync something but it keeps failing. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have just about disabled everything there is to disable , sadly my note 5 has as many features enabled as a Nokia phone from 2001! I just did another factory reset but this time I set it up as a new device without doing a restore of anything. I'll post back to let you know how it goes.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will check my phone and try turning it off .I also have voLTE disabled as I hear that consumes battery power. Thanks for the info.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Any luck with a fresh reset without backup?

I tried disabling volte, made no difference.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My first impression is yes it does seem to be making a difference.I still have lots of apps disabled and only downloaded a few apps from the play store ,but yesterday at this time I was around 20% battery now I'm at 50%.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm try installing all your apps and then see if it ends up being the same.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A friend of mine has a note 5 on Telus and says he gets a day and a half of juice .He is going to put the Telus version of marshmallow on my note 5 . The reset did nothing ,still not going to make it past 6 pm on a full charge. Getting tired of this phone!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I upgrade to marshmallow?
I tried going to settings, software update, but it says nothinget and does nothing.
Imy stuck with android 5.1.1 and rogers says it has android 6.
I'm comfused...