Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Hello @Sushil1011

If you update your device via SmartSwitch no, it will not erase your device. It will leave it intact. All it will do is update the software. I would back it up just in case though.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PaulyT

Go into google and search Samsunf SmartSwitch. Then download it into your laptop or desktop. Plug in your device and back it up before hand just incase u lose anything ( nothing will happen but just to make sure). From there just download the software update it gives u.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks everyone, I got it now. That worked.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

i also didn't receive. What i found when u update through Smart switch u wont get WiFi calling facility
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @viru08

From what i noticed only a certain people are having that issue. Mine worked just fine via SmartSwitch but my buddies did not. So who knows whats the issue here.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for the update
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

NOTUPTODATE.pngTired of seeing "software is up to date" ='(

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @manishk

Hmm i wonder why yours still hasn't update but again it's going in waves. Maybe your area hasn't gotten it yet?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hmm, Android 6.0 is supposed to help save battery, but for me it did the quite opposite... I feel the battery drains even faster than Lollipop. Anyone else noticed this at all?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's better but you need to take advantage of doze mode. In addition, if you blocked most app notifications in lollipop (and you should to squeeze out more battery life) then you would need to do it all over again.

For doze mode go to the battery settings, select battery usage and under the "more" button select optimize.

Note that in marshmallow doze mode is active only when the phone is lying flat. It won't activate if it's moving in a pocket or bag.