cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

@psre08

Check out the Rogers Wi-Fi Calling FAQs document that details all the ineligible services that may be impeading your Wi-Fi Calling onboarding.

In the FAQ you'll find the following points:

Do I need a specific device or plan to use Wi-Fi Calling?

Yes. To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need the following:

• A monthly postpaid voice and LTE data wireless plan (prepaid customers are not eligible)
  • An LTE SIM installed in your device
  • A compatible Rogers device, including one of the following:
    • iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus or SE with iOS 9 or later installed — remember to update your carrier settings when prompted to do so at the end of the OS installation
    • Samsung Note 5 with software version 6.0.1 or later installed. (other Android devices coming soon)
  • The Wi-Fi Calling feature enabled on your device

Your compatible device must have been purchased from Rogers.

Are there any wireless service features that will not work with Wi-Fi Calling?

Customers with select features and services, including any of the following, will not have access to Wi-Fi Calling:

• Data blocking
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • Teletypewriter
  • Rogers One NumberTM
  • Alternative Line Service
  • Wireless Priority
  • Common Voicemail
  • UMA Hotspot
  • Datacom
  • CS Data
  • FAX and USSD services

I get a warning message saying my Note 5 (purchased from Rogers of course) with the latest firmware (updated this morning) is not eligible for wifi calling. I have tried activation 3 times now.

psre08
I plan to stick around
Just called tech support. I had to disable Rogers One Number. Wi-fi calling works now.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
Everything is working great. Had to call and remove Rogers one to activate wifi calling. I see higher battery usage though, but i heard it gets better after a few days.

dkm1
I've been around

If you have subscribed to any of these listed services, you will have to call cust care to disable those and ask them to activate wifi calling. After that you will be able to register from your device.

• Data blocking
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • Teletypewriter
  • Rogers One NumberTM
  • Alternative Line Service
  • Wireless Priority
  • Common Voicemail
  • UMA Hotspot
  • Datacom
  • CS Data
  • FAX and USSD services

phoneswapper
I plan to stick around

So I gave Rogers Tech Support a call and they had to add something on their end for the Wifi calling to work.  I was able to register it and it works now.  I would advise calling them if it does not work the first time.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

how do I actually know that Wifi calling is enabled?

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
Enable it on phone app setting, go to airplane mode and just turn on wifi calling and wifi from settings, then try to call someone.

jcordner81
I've been here awhile
Go to page 18 message 172. Gives directions. Do you want me to activate it for you too? 🤑

Pandi29
I've been here awhile

I had no issues activating the wifi calling.  I didn't have to disable any services.  I registered and submitted the code they sent and then I made a call using wifi calling and it worked.

Soooo still haven't received the update. Seems kinda late to still be pushing it out =\
Do you guys think I'm not getting it bc my plan is with Fido even though my phone is Rogers?

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

I have two PCs of Samsung Note 5 with Rogers. Both phones are bought under subsidy shared family plan in Feb 2016 and both phones are used with Rogers SIM card. One of them received update notification on 31 May morning and I already updated successfully and everything working fine including Wi-Fi calling. But other phone didn’t receive any update notification till now. I didn’t try Samsung smart Switch. Any suggestion! Is there any others who didn’t receive update notification?

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Is the WiFi calling available to unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 as well?

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around

I havent received the update yet as well. I also tried through Smart switch.

RogersDarrell

Hey Community!

The Note 5 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update is being pushed to all Galaxy Note 5 users in phases.

If you haven’t received it yet, you will get a notification to download the software update anytime over the next few days.

Once updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1 you will be able to activate Wi-Fi Calling. Wi-Fi Calling on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is available to all eligible Rogers customers.

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

For eligibility's check out Rogers Wi-FI Calling FAQs

For a step by step onboarding process see How To: Set Up Android Wi-Fi Calling On Your Samsung Note 5

RogersDarrell

enrai
I plan to stick around

So I updated my Note 5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 yesterday. I didn't get prompted to update my phone, but I clicked on "Check for update" option. It automatically download the update file after that. The file size was just over 1.3MB.

I immediately tried to activate the Wi-Fi Calling feature, and I got as far as the screen that asked for a verification code from Rogers. After that it says that I'm not eligible for this feature.

I started an online Customer Support chat (since I don't have any other phone), got help within 2 minutes, and the CSR did a few things on his end, and I got the Wi-Fi Calling feature to work after a few minutes.

Haven't really try, but I hope this feature will improve my experience with Rogers. I've had low signal at my home, so we'll see in a few days.

PaulyT
I've been here awhile

No update yet.....getting really annoyed at how long this is dragging on.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Did you try to update with Samsung smart switch? I wish I never updated as my battery is terrible since I updated!

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

I didn't get OTA update notification but It give me notification if I plug to PC through Samsung Smart Switch.

If I do update through Samsung Smart Switch, my phone wipe/erase everything? Of course there is option for back up piror to firmware update.

PaulyT
I've been here awhile
No I haven't. How do you so that via smartswitch?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Download Samsung smart switch to your computer and plug your phone into the USB.