Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

I get a warning message saying my Note 5 (purchased from Rogers of course) with the latest firmware (updated this morning) is not eligible for wifi calling. I have tried activation 3 times now.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just called tech support. I had to disable Rogers One Number. Wi-fi calling works now.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Everything is working great. Had to call and remove Rogers one to activate wifi calling. I see higher battery usage though, but i heard it gets better after a few days.
I've Been Around

If you have subscribed to any of these listed services, you will have to call cust care to disable those and ask them to activate wifi calling. After that you will be able to register from your device.

• Data blocking
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • Teletypewriter
  • Rogers One NumberTM
  • Alternative Line Service
  • Wireless Priority
  • Common Voicemail
  • UMA Hotspot
  • Datacom
  • CS Data
  • FAX and USSD services
I Plan to Stick Around

So I gave Rogers Tech Support a call and they had to add something on their end for the Wifi calling to work.  I was able to register it and it works now.  I would advise calling them if it does not work the first time.

I Plan to Stick Around

how do I actually know that Wifi calling is enabled?

I Plan to Stick Around

Enable it on phone app setting, go to airplane mode and just turn on wifi calling and wifi from settings, then try to call someone.
I've Been Here Awhile

Go to page 18 message 172. Gives directions. Do you want me to activate it for you too? 🤑
I've Been Here Awhile

I had no issues activating the wifi calling.  I didn't have to disable any services.  I registered and submitted the code they sent and then I made a call using wifi calling and it worked.

I'm Here A Lot

Soooo still haven't received the update. Seems kinda late to still be pushing it out =\
Do you guys think I'm not getting it bc my plan is with Fido even though my phone is Rogers?