cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Pandi29
I've been here awhile

Downloaded the update.  Found that it drained my battery really fast.  Got messages that some apps stopped working.  Noticed wifi calling and new emoji's.  In the messaging app there is only the standard blue and yellow message bubbles.  No option to change the colours of the message bubbles any more.  I also find that my device runs slower.

im getting the theme error too 😞

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I was getting a error for my theme store .I had to go into settings and re-enable it now it works again. Try to re-enable the apps that you are getting errors with, good luck.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

We promised you that we were baking something sweet into our Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the day has come!

As of May 31st, Wi-Fi calling for Android will be available on the Samsung Note 5.

For a step by step onboarding process see How To: Set Up Android Wi-Fi Calling On Your Samsung Note 5

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

Check out Rogers Wi-FI Calling FAQs to understand more about Rogers Wi-Fi Calling, eligibility and how it works.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

peterg2
I plan to stick around

This is all very strange. I was up early this morning at 5 am Eastern and hooked up to Smart Switch. Not that long afterwards I received a notification that Smart Switch had downloaded the latest firmware. Checking now there is still no OTA update and under Smart Switch I do not see an option to update. So I am on 6.0.1 but I am still on April 2 Android Security Patch level and seemingly no way to update. Perhaps patience is required.

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around
Wifi calling Doesn't work, says your phone is not eligible.... !!! Pathetic

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @shomilsaini

Weird. Mine and my co-workers Note 5 got the update just now. Try again or re download the SmartSwitch. I noticed some are having the same error. If it's for the WiFi Calling try what RogersDarrell has commented and see if that fixes is!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersDarrell

Thank you for the update and thr WiFi Calling!!. Will test that out later on. 🙂

RogersDarrell

@shomilsaini

Please see the onboarding process linked above.  WiFi Calling will not work until properly set up and onboarded.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I submitted my 6 digit code and received "device not eligible "

SportsFun
I've been here awhile

I'm getting the same error even before entering any codes!

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around
Already tried twice... and nobody needs a guide for such a stupidly easy process... still followed it the second time since you said.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
after all this struggling I have come to the conclusion that Rogers will never sell me a device again. from now on its all unlocked devices

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around
@ernsy92

I second that... and I'm pretty much sure at this point.
Just will wait for the contract to be over this time...... !
Wifi calling that doesnt work, and they delayed the update like 2-3 months compared to other carriers and all the other regular . we have to go through every other month in the bills is driving me crazy...!

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around
Are you using the Rogers Marshmellow update or did you along with some others upgraded to the Telus version of marshmellow?

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around

Anyone get the update yet?  I havent.

I had to manually check for the update or use smart switch

I'm still waiting too=( I've been manually checking for the last 2 hours

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @donaldsnow

Not everyone will receive the update at once. It will be released it stages throuout the day I believe. This way the server doesn't get clogged and shut down

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around

Thanks

psre08
I plan to stick around
As others have noted wi-fi calling is broken. The error message is that there is a competing service or something like that. I've disabled hangouts SMS and dialer and it still doesn't work.