Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

I was getting a error for my theme store .I had to go into settings and re-enable it now it works again. Try to re-enable the apps that you are getting errors with, good luck.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

We promised you that we were baking something sweet into our Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the day has come!

As of May 31st, Wi-Fi calling for Android will be available on the Samsung Note 5.

For a step by step onboarding process see How To: Set Up Android Wi-Fi Calling On Your Samsung Note 5

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

Check out Rogers Wi-FI Calling FAQs to understand more about Rogers Wi-Fi Calling, eligibility and how it works.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

This is all very strange. I was up early this morning at 5 am Eastern and hooked up to Smart Switch. Not that long afterwards I received a notification that Smart Switch had downloaded the latest firmware. Checking now there is still no OTA update and under Smart Switch I do not see an option to update. So I am on 6.0.1 but I am still on April 2 Android Security Patch level and seemingly no way to update. Perhaps patience is required.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi calling Doesn't work, says your phone is not eligible.... !!! Pathetic
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shomilsaini

Weird. Mine and my co-workers Note 5 got the update just now. Try again or re download the SmartSwitch. I noticed some are having the same error. If it's for the WiFi Calling try what RogersDarrell has commented and see if that fixes is!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersDarrell

Thank you for the update and thr WiFi Calling!!. Will test that out later on. Smiley Happy
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shomilsaini

Please see the onboarding process linked above.  WiFi Calling will not work until properly set up and onboarded.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I submitted my 6 digit code and received "device not eligible "
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting the same error even before entering any codes!

I Plan to Stick Around

Already tried twice... and nobody needs a guide for such a stupidly easy process... still followed it the second time since you said.