cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

YOW613
I've been around
I find it quite bad that the S5 received the update before the flagship model. I am leaving rogers for telus. Was offered unlimited canada wide talk/text plus 14gb of data but because im with rogers,they gave me 2gb free plus a 10% discount. Just have to pay off my flex tab. Bought my Note 5 on a 2 yr term and they still have not provided me with a proof of purchase. I have called over and over and they just play phone tag with you. Ridiculous way for a $7B company to act and treat its customers in my opinion

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I would hold off on marshmallow when it arrives.My wife's S5 received it yesterday and battery life has suffered greatly. I'm not sure if it's Rogers own bloatware causing the problem or what .

skip501
I plan to stick around
I've put an enormous amount of pressure on them on this issue on Twitter and they don't care. I created a hashtag related to this issue #updatemyandroid. I seem to be the only one pursuing this though. I don't think very many people understand or care about the security threat, and that's why the media doesn't jump on it. Rogers knows this. They could push the Note update to next year without worry of repercussions. Sadly.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

For those that always wants latest update, buy Nexus devices directly from Google Play Store and you would always get the latest updates. 

I do find it quite amusing that BlackBerry Priv receives updates much quicker than the rest of Android phones.

SFShakeel
I plan to stick around

Hope we'll receive update later after midnight or tomorrow. Hope Rogers will not change the upgrade schedule this time and it will pushed timely.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Downloading now!

angelop
I plan to stick around

Let us know how it goes. I used odin and the telus firmware --all good for about 3 weeks.

The new firmware update hasn't shown up on my phone - probably wont.

I am curious to see what rogers "and more" meant. What was the "and more" and what new bloatware was added.

Thanks

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I've already encountered a bug where I get "unfortunately settings has stopped working" when trying to open the theme store.

skip501
I plan to stick around
The 'and more' is apparently wifi calling. The delay sucked, but this is a good feature add. Will download now and test.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Let us know if you can access your theme store after the update , thanks.

Ugh I can't see the update yet. Are you guys getting it OTA? Or through Smart Switch?

psre08
I plan to stick around

Downloading OTA as we speak. Finally.

skip501
I plan to stick around
Received the update through OTA. They might be staggering the availability. Everything seems to be working fine so far. No problems with the theme store.

All good here! I'm loving the update. It's made the performance better I'm finding. New animationa are v nice. Theme store works, too.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
I also have the telus version of android 6.0.1 on my note 5 and am debating whether I should downgrade back to original rogers os so that I get the official update now?

peterg2
I plan to stick around

I installed 6.0.1 on my Note 5 a couple of weeks ago by changing the CSC to Telus and back again to Rogers. I have been happy with it and battery life has been improved a bit (let's say 20%). This update has not appeared yet OTA but it is available for me on Smart Switch. One question. What is the Android security patch level on your phone showing now under Software Info?

peterg2
I plan to stick around
ernsy92 if the Android patch level is up to May then it would seem to be worthwhile.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
It is May 1st security patch.

Yep agree - I'm really enjoying the update - performance has definitely improved - super smooth. Security patch is dated May 1st, 2016.

peterg2
I plan to stick around

Thanks soundwave80 and amitbuk re the Security Patch level.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
mine is April 2 2016