Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sushil1011
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

MUST be security patch as well. For me that's more important than M 6.0.1 upddte.
psre08
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell,

The OS schedule says that the Note 5 is getting Marshmallow on May 31st, but the Note 4 is getting it on the 25th. If that is the case, how is possible that "the Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marhsmallow". Is there an error in the table?

fastpark
I've Been Around

Hopefully it helps with battery life! 

Japetto
I Plan to Stick Around

I have Marshmallow on my Note 5 and the battery efficiency is worse than before.
ernsy92
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 6.0.1 Os from telus on my note 5 and my battery life is improved from where i would have 10% at the end of day with 5.1.1 now I have at least 20 to 25% and my signal has improved significantly too
thaya22
I've Been Around

So I sent an email to the office of the president. An office advisor called and spoke to me. Basically, he avoided answering my questions and provided general statments. Said that there isn't much Rogers can do to speed up the process or change the way updates are delivered. When I brought up that Telus and Bell were able to push out updates much quicker, he said he could not comment on that.

I am attempting to file a complaint with the CCTS. Also going to switch to another carrier ASAP. I recommend people do the same if you want to have the best experience and be up to date and secure on expensive devices you guys buy since, Rogers does not care.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, as soon as a comparable plan comes up with another carrier I will be making a switch. This has been an ongoing issue for months now with very little resolution across numerous devices.  What will it take for them to take the update process seriously? A massive breach in security? Nationwide investigation? Because they don't seem to care to help or update us on these forums. 

YOW613
I've Been Around

I find it quite bad that the S5 received the update before the flagship model. I am leaving rogers for telus. Was offered unlimited canada wide talk/text plus 14gb of data but because im with rogers,they gave me 2gb free plus a 10% discount. Just have to pay off my flex tab. Bought my Note 5 on a 2 yr term and they still have not provided me with a proof of purchase. I have called over and over and they just play phone tag with you. Ridiculous way for a $7B company to act and treat its customers in my opinion
soundwave80
I Plan to Stick Around

I would hold off on marshmallow when it arrives.My wife's S5 received it yesterday and battery life has suffered greatly. I'm not sure if it's Rogers own bloatware causing the problem or what .
skip501
I Plan to Stick Around

I've put an enormous amount of pressure on them on this issue on Twitter and they don't care. I created a hashtag related to this issue #updatemyandroid. I seem to be the only one pursuing this though. I don't think very many people understand or care about the security threat, and that's why the media doesn't jump on it. Rogers knows this. They could push the Note update to next year without worry of repercussions. Sadly.