cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

This is so frustrating. I wish I didn't have 4 more month contract and could leave right away. if your network can't handle these higher end smart phones, why are you selling them???? They are going to be the last one on entire universe to release this update.  Keep up the GREAT work Rogers. Most people will leave to other providers.

skip501
I plan to stick around
What hurts the most is that Rogers simply does not care about delivering this update to us. They do not care that our patch level is November, potentially putting its customers at risk for malware infections. Least of all they do not care about delivering feature enhancements; their expectation is for customers to upgrade their device if they want the latest Android version. Ultimately, we the customer are to blame for rewarding Rogers with our business. On Monday, I plan to bring down the hammer with the Ombudsman and the office of the president. Imagine if we all contacted the Ombudsman? Strength in numbers. Just sayin'.

skip501
I plan to stick around

Wow, yeah great news. With the latest slippage, why not just make the date "never" and expose how Rogers really feels about its Note 5 (and other) customers. Stop beating around the bush.

Bullseye
I've been here awhile
There is nothing that this new And More additions to the update that would keep me here. Lucky I updated already but the wait is just plain unacceptable. Period!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SFShakeel

Hmm i wonder why they are delaying it for.

LordZog
I plan to stick around

Now May 31st.. This is just pathetic now.. So Note 4 will get it before the Note 5??.. Not amused..

this is a joke . My note has been experiencing issues which are fixed in this update and all we get is the dangled carrot. The note 6 will be out before we get this update. I think I am going to jump from this sinking ship called rogers. 

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
I'm done waiting for the update that Rogers supposedly was gonna release So I went and got the telus one and have used my note 5 for 2 weeks like that and it's absolutely amazing

Think about switch to telus too. 

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Koodo here I come! I will save some cash and be on a better network. I figured we wouldn't see the update till June so why Rogers couldn't give us a separate security update to pacify us while we wait is a testament to their customer care in my opinion.

SportsFun
I've been here awhile

@ernsy92 wrote:
I'm done waiting for the update that Rogers supposedly was gonna release So I went and got the telus one and have used my note 5 for 2 weeks like that and it's absolutely amazing

Hello @ernsy92,

Could you please let us know the detailed steps to install the M from Telus? I'm sick and tierd of waiting for Rogers!!!

thanks a bunch..

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

We’re working with Samsung and will be releasing Marshmallow on Android devices with additional functionality soon. The Galaxy Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marshmallow. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and other devices will get the update in the following weeks.

Please make sure you retain the original software on your Rogers Samsung device so you can enjoy all our updates. Thanks for your patience!

RogersDarrell

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around
I hope/wish wi-fi calling will be additional feature.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
go to Sammobile.com
and look for the android for telus
they got great instructions

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around
MUST be security patch as well. For me that's more important than M 6.0.1 upddte.

psre08
I plan to stick around

@RogersDarrell,

The OS schedule says that the Note 5 is getting Marshmallow on May 31st, but the Note 4 is getting it on the 25th. If that is the case, how is possible that "the Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marhsmallow". Is there an error in the table?

fastpark
I've been around

Hopefully it helps with battery life! 

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I have Marshmallow on my Note 5 and the battery efficiency is worse than before.

ernsy92
I plan to stick around
I have the 6.0.1 Os from telus on my note 5 and my battery life is improved from where i would have 10% at the end of day with 5.1.1 now I have at least 20 to 25% and my signal has improved significantly too

thaya22
I've been around

So I sent an email to the office of the president. An office advisor called and spoke to me. Basically, he avoided answering my questions and provided general statments. Said that there isn't much Rogers can do to speed up the process or change the way updates are delivered. When I brought up that Telus and Bell were able to push out updates much quicker, he said he could not comment on that.

I am attempting to file a complaint with the CCTS. Also going to switch to another carrier ASAP. I recommend people do the same if you want to have the best experience and be up to date and secure on expensive devices you guys buy since, Rogers does not care.

Jmfva
I plan to stick around

Yeah, as soon as a comparable plan comes up with another carrier I will be making a switch. This has been an ongoing issue for months now with very little resolution across numerous devices.  What will it take for them to take the update process seriously? A massive breach in security? Nationwide investigation? Because they don't seem to care to help or update us on these forums.