cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

zeroz3hereo
I plan to stick around
At this point I would rather have my security update than the Mm update. It's been soo many months since any kind of security update, and whatever happened to all those stagefright patches Rogers was supposed to release? Like come on Rogers! That's huge and you just brushed it under the rug. 😞

dough
I plan to stick around

Have to say, Telus's version of marshmallow that I installed on S6 edge almost three weeks ago has been working flawlessly. At first the battery improvements were minor but this week I've noticed a huge improvement. And note, the phone need not be rooted. Just download and flash any other carrier's version using Odin. The same can be done on the Note 5.  

Jmfva
I plan to stick around
I did the same with the S5, I went to sammobile downloaded the telus update and installed it using Odin while watching a YouTube guide. Took about 10 mins and it is running so well.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
My note 5 is still under warranty, will doing this void it? Kinda sad we are reduced to this btw

Jmfva
I plan to stick around
I can't confirm that. Sorry. My phone was off contract as it is older S5. Does anyone know if this update method voids warranty? I don't see why it would, no rooting is required.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Nope. It won't affect the warranty. The software is multi CSC, identical for all the Canadian carriers.

Jmfva
I plan to stick around
GiB you rock.

skip501
I plan to stick around

I agree that I'd settle for the security updates on the Note 5 and I can wait a little longer for Marshmallow. There is a twitter thread on this topic too that the followers of this thread may be interested in: https://twitter.com/paulmelnyk/with_replies

Bullseye
I've been here awhile
I changed the csc to TLS wiped phone and upgraded to 6.0.1 the other night. Once done changed back to Roger's. Took some more of their updates after another wipe but working great now. Very responsive.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community, great news!

Marshmallow for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be released on May 25th 2016. We thank you for your patience and we think you’ll enjoy what is in store!

Check out our NEW OS Upgrades Schedule here.

Have feedback on how to make this or any other part of the Community better? Please check out the Community Questions & Suggestions board and leave your feedback there! 

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I flashed the Telus 6.01 to my phone and works great. Done with Roger's after this contract.

MCole
I've been here awhile
While it's nice that Rogers has finally provided some clarity on when the releases will come, I find it very disheartening to know that they will be sending out releases MONTHS after every other carrier in Canada. By the time we get Marshmallow on the S6, Android N will be released for public use. I honestly find this quite unacceptable. We are nearly a year behind...why bother owning a premium product?

skip501
I plan to stick around

It is hard to be thrilled about the Note 5 update being 3 weeks out when competitiors released it March/early April. So, please forgive me for not running out and dancing in the street.

Can you kindly confirm if the update is 6.0 or 6.0.1? The bluetooth stack is screweed up in 6.0, so I would hope Rogers is releasing 6.0.1, like Telus. However, your update schedule says 6.0. Ugh.

Please advise.

enrai
I plan to stick around

Thanks @RogersDarrell.

It's nice to have a date again for the Marshmallow update for the Note5. Hopefully it won't change on the 24th.

I assume it will be 6.0.1, or whatever the latest version before Android N shows up.

Would it be possible that it has the May security update?

scubahood289
I've been here awhile
To be honest we should all be pointing our fingers at Samsung for this one they spento more time than rogers has with delaying marshmallow.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @scubahood289

Honestly its both Rogers and Samsung I find it.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
The os upgrade listed security updates, bug fixes , marshmallow 6.0 and more!
Anyone know what and more! Could be?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @soundwave80

Honestly who knows but hopefully it's something good!

I'm guessing this is a placeholder to keep people quiet, just like when the date was April 28th. Then a couple days before it they will change it back to "coming soon".

SFShakeel
I plan to stick around

Now it is coming on May 30, again pushed forward for another week.

skip501
I plan to stick around
Let them know on Twitter @rogers how you feel about this further delay. I posted a link to an existing thread on page 12 I believe.