Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Just sharing what an OFFICIAL rogers employee is telling their customers. True or not I cannot confirm.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And to add insult to injury, Telus and Bell released marshmallow for the Sony Z2. So, their customers get the latest OS on a 3 year old device and us Rogers Note 5 (August 2015) customers just keep getting the shaft. Nice.

Based on my conversation with the office of the president earlier today, I'm am trying to stay calm and trust that Rogers is doing everything they can to get it out to us, but I have to say my frustration may get the better of me.

There needs to be some kind of communication about the update tomorrow if Rogers is interested in keeping my business.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, this lack of communication is unprofessional and avoidable. I will be taking my business elsewhere when I can get a decent government deal. Time to check some other plans.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if Rogers will do us the courtesy of releasing a security update ? I find it very unlikely we will see marshmallow before June.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Office of the President confirmed with me that Rogers and Samsung have both signed up for Google's monthly patch program. The fact that our Note 5's are still stuck on the November patch is outrageous and make's Roger's commitment to monthly patching look like lip service only. Come on Roger's our phones are at risk...at least give us the security update on our Note 5s immediately as we continue to wait a ridiculously long time for Marshmallow on the Note 5.

I Plan to Stick Around

At this point I would rather have my security update than the Mm update. It's been soo many months since any kind of security update, and whatever happened to all those stagefright patches Rogers was supposed to release? Like come on Rogers! That's huge and you just brushed it under the rug. 😞
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Have to say, Telus's version of marshmallow that I installed on S6 edge almost three weeks ago has been working flawlessly. At first the battery improvements were minor but this week I've noticed a huge improvement. And note, the phone need not be rooted. Just download and flash any other carrier's version using Odin. The same can be done on the Note 5.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did the same with the S5, I went to sammobile downloaded the telus update and installed it using Odin while watching a YouTube guide. Took about 10 mins and it is running so well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My note 5 is still under warranty, will doing this void it? Kinda sad we are reduced to this btw
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't confirm that. Sorry. My phone was off contract as it is older S5. Does anyone know if this update method voids warranty? I don't see why it would, no rooting is required.