Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

If you try please let us know. I'm tired of paying for a premium service only to receive mediocre.
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems like rogers has some network issues with the update. It is funny how quick they are in removing posts, i wish other departments would act like these guys too lol

As for trying Telus sim card, i will see if I can one to try it. Will keep you guys posted if I find any thing.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you have trying to use Telus or anyother company SIM, it won't help you to get upgrade since this phone belongs to Rogers and IMEI / ESN are registered in Samsung verification databases.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mmostafaei

Yeah most likely that is due to it as its supposed to be only for you thats why.

Let us l know though what happens!
I'm Here A Lot

It's possible to change the preset carrier of your phone without rooting. Just takes some dialer commands. I had to do it before since my note 5 is originally a Wind phone and wind disables LTE so I could only get 3G when I switched to Fido. Had to change my preset config to Rogers to get LTE connectivity. So if you guys want, you could probably Google how to do it. This will factory reset your phone though and you'll get the bloatware of the new carrier instead (I now have all these rogers and nhl apps while Wind barely had any bloatware). But you'll get access to the new carrier's OTA updates instead of Roger's.

Edit: it's called changing your CSC code. You could search for the dialer commands or there's an app that does it for you too. If you're worried about warranty, changing my phone carrier brand from Wind to Rogers didn't void mine. But some sites do warn that it could.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have also sent an email to the Ombudsman:

"Dear Sir/Madame,

I am writing to you with regards to Roger’s handling of the Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. As you may already be aware, since other members of Rogers Community Forums have already complained to you, the Marshmallow update for the Galaxy Note 5 was scheduled for April 27th, and now the update has mysteriously disappeared. I contacted support and they say “no information is available”. This response is disrespectful to your customers. We deserve better. We deserve a committed date for this update.

As you may also be aware, Bell and Telus released the Marshmallow update for the Samsung Note 5 in March. Rogers history of not providing timely updates is legendary, in a bad way. Again, Rogers performance here is disrespectful to its customers.

I use my device for business and the security patch level is November 2015. Security patches are supposed to arrive monthly. Rogers is leaving its clients in a potentially compromised position by not providing timely security updates (this is actually much more important than the Marshmallow update itself).

As a customer with several Roger’s products and an above average RPU, I am formally asking Rogers, through you, for a better answer than “no information is available”. Clearly there is information available, and Rogers needs to start respecting its customers.

I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx and I eagerly await your prompt reply.

Thank you."

Let's all flood the Ombudsman's office with emails about this: ombudsman@rci.rogers.com. I will also be taking this to Twitter. Collectively, we can make a difference if we are targeted and relentless.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SFShakeel

Incorrect. Once you unlock the device it because unlocked and thus any carrier settings that appear on the device, will get the update straight from them. I have unlocked many devices and have updated them from the carriers I have had them with.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

Thanks for emailing Ombudsman's office. I am so fed up with this. I called Telus and they offered a better plan for me through my company. I lose international texting and picture messaging, but i will get:

1) ability to get phone at discounted price
2) 1 gb more data
3) $10 cheaper.

Onlything i lose is rogers one which i can live with. As soon as my contract is over (couple of months), will go to Telus
I Plan to Stick Around

nice, I might give them a call.

Only thing keeping me with rogers is my old government plan.

5GB data, unlimited text, and some long distance for $50 /Month.

I have the S5, Telus is scheduled to get their update today and rogers has said nothing about it at all, there is not even a coming soon on the updates board.

So frustrating.

I Plan to Stick Around

I mailed the ombudsman today as well. I await a prompt response. Let see how they justify the delay.