cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

dough
I plan to stick around

Well, for anyone too impatient you can always flash the Telus version, without rooting your phone first. I did to my Galaxy S6 edge on Sunday, no issues at all.

donaldsnow
I plan to stick around

Upate for marshmellow is suppose to be today for Note 5

Anyone get it yet?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @donaldsnow

No one is getting it today. It got changed to " Coming soon". Please read the above posts. 🙂

THEFRENCHONE
I've been here awhile

Whats the Delay with the Update on the Note 5. This is not the first time I have been mislead by Rogers to purchase a device with Rogers promising or intending to provide updates when they are released.  I bought the Note 5 instead of waiting a month or 2 because I was told by Rogers that the new update would be available right away.  I even expressed my concerns about Rogers delaying updates. The update has been out for quite some time and yet again not as promised. Rogers has never delivered an update on time as promised. Perhaps next time I will buy my phone directly from the manufacuture or another source where we are not subjected to bloatware and the delays by the carrier. Sincerly one quetionable customer. !@!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello

Rogers reps should never been saying anything about updates unless they know for sure. This is something that should be trained to them or told not to say anything as its misleading.

As for Rogers. They won't give u a answer to that. It seems last minute they pulled out and changed the date for some reason.

THEFRENCHONE
I've been here awhile

I understand,  I love samsung and always stick with what I know, I was leaning more towards a google device as there isnt any delays with OS upgrades.  I was reassured there wasnt going to be a delay, I dont want to void warranty by rooting and what not.  I do apologize and hope you understand the customers frustration with updates, delays and being mislead.  In reality a device is a device. Why we have to wait for them to alter the OS is beyond me, its not like we get these phones for free. some of us spend thousand dollars or more and should not be subjected to bloatware or altercations. Essentially its ours and not the carriers. 

kh29
I plan to stick around

aim still waiting for marshmallow 6.0.1 on my samsung galaxy s6 edge , because bell, telus and other carriers got it already

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
No never received it.Rogers changed the os upgrade schedule in the wee hours of the night to coming soon! Just about every other carrier has released it , so either Rogers is dragging their feet or their network isn't capable of releasing updates in a timely manner. I'm frankly tired of paying for premium services but not receiving prompt updates. When my contract is done so am I ,for the wireless part of my services anyway.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Yes as i said before something is going on with Rogers in which we won't know unless they do say something.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @soundwave80

I wouldn't doubt it. I would do the same. I do wonder why it's taking this long.

tritton
I've been around

I spoke to a tech support rep via chat today who is eagerly awaiting the Note 5 Marshmallow update too and he said:

"We try to keep it (the OS upgrade calendar) as updated as possible but yes, we have had some updates pushed by Samsung."

Hard to say what's going on as deferring fault to someone else is a common tech support tactic, but they claim it was a delay on Samsung's side, likely to do with Rogers bloatware.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tritton

Most likely but no one really knows the real truth. Not even the tech support agent doesn't know to be honest. They just hear things jusy like we all do

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

You can actually flash the update of any Canadian carrier with Odin. It won't trip Knox. They are all the same model number and software.

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
It has nothing to do with Samsung. Samsung released it for all Canadian carriers. Telus and Bell already released it to their customers, only lazy Rogers hasn't released it yet.

Gibran7
I've been here awhile
Is there a website or link you have for a walk through? I've never flashed a phone before so I want to make sure I don't void my warranty.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Google is your friend. However, if you are unsure of how to do it or how to recover from a bad flash, you probably shouldn't do it. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gibran7

Unfortunately we can't post any third party links on how to root your devices.

I would suggest just looking on Google and on YouTube on how to do it and please be careful when ur doing it. This is on ur own risk and if anything happens Rogers does not cover it. Just wanted to let u know!

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
Emailed office of the president, this is what I got:

Thank you for contacting the Rogers Office of the Ombudsman. I am sorry to learn of your service concern, and would like to assure you that we will do everything we can to help you seek resolution.

As you may have read in the “Share a Concern” section of our website, we have a designated team waiting to help resolve your concerns in the fastest, most effective way possible for our customers. The Office of the Ombudsman, which you have now contacted, was put in place to provide an impartial review of complaints that are still unresolved, despite having gone through this escalation path.

I have reached out to the Rogers Office of the President and determined that your concern has not yet been brought to their attention. I have shared your correspondence with them and they will be in contact with you within 1 business day to help find a satisfactory solution.

Again, thank you for bringing your concern to my attention.

Sincerely,

Kim Walker
Ombudsman

Rogers Communications
333 Bloor St, 9th Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9

ombudsman@rci.rogers.com
o 416.935.6007 m 416.272.3837
t 1.888.840.6294

shomilsaini
I plan to stick around
Can you please update us all when you get a reply from office of the president?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

I know everyone is super eager for Marshmallow on the Note 5. I can tell you that we are working as fast as we can and are making sure that when launched Marshmallow on your Rogers Note 5 will be something special!

We're baking something sweet for you all!

Thanks for your patience.

RogersDarrell

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersDarrell

Thank you for the communication and thank u for that information! 🙂