cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around

Any idea when this update will be released? Telus and Bell have already announced it. Telus is releasing it on 13th. What about Rogers?

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sushil1011

That is correct!!! Do remember that the dates can change without notice. It does state that below as well.

jonnybraga
I've been here awhile
Hi...what about Note 4 owners? Are we getting the upgrade too? Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonnybraga

I will see what i can get as i havent heard anything yet for that device.

jonnybraga
I've been here awhile
Thanks!

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

Hummmm! So today Rogers changed update marshmallow date 27 April to coming soon for Note 5 without any explanation..........last moment..... I know update page say date will change any time.....

All Canadian carrier already relased long time ago.............

I really upset on my decsion to transfer (within past 3 months) 5 cell phone line from Bell to Rogers.....I have to rethink after 2 years............

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sushil1011

Rogers nor any carriers don't have to give a explanation to why they changed the dates BUT i do want to know why as well because they all have released them. Whats Rogers waiting for?

mmostafaei
I plan to stick around
Ridiculous, was waiting for this for a long time. Why Rogers has to be the last and behind all other carriers? Time to switch to Telus.

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

Hi

In today completion era (with other carrier) Rogers can’t do/behaviour like this. See above mmostafaei comment, want to leave Rogers. I will do same if I am not stuck with 2 year’s contract. But definitely think twice to suggest anybody to join Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sushil1011

But again any company has a right not to update its user or customers on why the update or product will not come out or date changed. It's in their Claus but I DO agree with you though. Again money talks so if u think another carrier is better for u, then go where u see the grass is greener right?.

Sushil1011
I plan to stick around

Hi Meowmix

I have only issue with firmware and security updates in that sense Rogers is far behind from other carrier.

What will you say for delay of security updates? Is it not Rogers responsibility to protect their customer?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sushil1011

I have made a couple of posts even advising Rogers to send out the updates for the security patches. There is nothing I can say or do for u to get the answer u want as i don't work for Rogers nor do I get that information. I do get some information with our own sources and checking the Web but not that stuff just like any other user or RE.

Now again the security updates should be sent out to users as quickly as possible but it seems like either Rogers is blocking it due to something or God knows what. I have no answer the that as u know. That question would be best suitable to send out to the Office of the President or a manager that might have some more insight. They are the only ones with new insight.

As a Resident Expert we do not work for Rogers nor do we get any information from them. We do this for free to help customers an users just like you. We take our time to come here and help but if u don't like a post that I make or comment then that is your choice but since the RE program has nothing to do with Rogers internally, we don't know any of the back end conversations or updates for updates on devices on any products that are not officially out. It's all up to Rogers head office and back end for that information..

Mr_S6_Edge_plus
I'm here a lot
Wow, I was waiting for April 27th patiently, I just looked at the upgrade OS page and it changed coming soon. Why Rogers, why. You guys are purposely keeping outdated and unsafe. If Bell and Telus were able to upgrade their Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge plus and many more, there is absolutely no reason why you guys can't do it. There are only 2 reasons: The Rogers network is weak and cannot support anything new (which is highly unlikely because I have a Nexus 6P on 6.0.1 and it works flawlessly, but you guys also chose to not allow VOLTE on that phone, which is pathetic, but don't get me started on that). Number 2, Rogers has little to no staff working on testing their phones and they systematically do not care at all for their customers satisfaction and Web security. It is clear, Bell and Telus are way ahead of the curve when it comes to customer support.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mr_S6_Edge_plus

I agree. I do wonder why they are taking this long to update the devices with new security updates or any updates at all.

It seems that something is going on which is causing them not to release the updates which are needed by many. I would like to know my else.

enrai
I plan to stick around
Maybe Rogers' bloatwares 6.0.1 causing the phone to keep crashing... 😉
Or maybe they're waiting for Android N to come out, then everyone will be downgraded to Honeycomb! har...har...har...

Colldw
I've been around

Note 5 marshmallow update date of april 27th gone.

What's the new date now on note 5 marshmallow update? Losing faith in Rogers.

Yeah I was waiting too and saw that they changed it to coming soon. BUT I just checked again now and it says Apr. 27 again! So looks like they're back on schedule! Could be anytime today 😃

Also, as far as why they're releasing it late, I remember Roger's having scheduled an early April release like the other carriers but then reading about how the marshmallow update was having connectivity and battery issues on the Note 5 on other carriers in Canada and the US so they delayed it until that was resolved.

Edit: Looks like it says coming soon again LOL. Not sure if I was looking at a cached page on my phone or they're just a bit indecisive right now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @superish

Yeah it did that to me a couple times lol. I think the cache wasn't cleaned out or something.

It shows Coming Soon for me now.

Pandi29
I've been here awhile

The update was suppose to take place today (April 27th) but yesterday Rogers changed their minds and hasn't released it yet.  On the schedule it went from April 27 to "coming soon", so who knows when that will be?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Pandi29

Yes that is correct as we all said that above :).

It seems like something stopped then from releasing the update which i would love to know.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Rogers version of coming soon is anytime in the next year. It took over a year to make their anyplace home app compatible with 5.0 android

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Japetto

This is what a Rogers rep told a customer when asking about it on Facebook

" It's on it's way! Thanks for your patience! 

So maybe it is? Who knows lol