Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

how much is note 4 with out contract? do i get any money for my old phone note 2?

???

I Plan to Stick Around

still no call from my particular Rogers Store. The package was delivered yesterday but even after calling they have no idea if my phone is there or not. I'd much rather pick the phone up in the morning and play with it during the day than picking it up after work..... Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mine is number 17 Smiley Very Happy White 32gb

I Plan to Stick Around

Need advice please and thank you. 

Have a Note 4 reserved and ready for pick up on Friday from an independent authorized Rogers dealer,  I am purchasing the phone outright. 

First concern is that my price is $50 more than what will be posted on Rogers website,  therefore will cost me $799, dealer did mention that this the norm that it is $50 more. 

Second concern is that I would like to pay by credit card as I collect travel points and was told by dealer they prefer cash or debit on outright purchases.  

The dealer is an actual Rogers location with all Rogers signage and is quite respected in the neighbourhood for being prompt and courteous to all issues with their customers. 

Although my two concerns do not sit quite well,  I can understand charging $50 more but I do not understand not being able to use credit card unless he pays a hefty fee for cc purchases. 

Any thoughts? 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi!

I'm in Calgary and so far all the stores I've spoken to said they won't be selling the device outright on launch day and that the only place I can buy it from is the Samsung Store in Edmonton. Does anyone know which store in Calgary that would sell it outright? I'd prefer not to have to drive to Edmonton.....

Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mike3023

Indeed it is. All carriers will do this not just Rogers. It seems like to be a $50 surcharge for the stores which the CRTC is allowing.

Yes u can use ur credit card to buy the device outright if u wish. The preferred method would be cash and debit tho
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

Thank you for your support,  although why is debit or cash preferred?  Is it beneficial to the dealer besides the cc fee he pays.  I suppose I would if it helps the dealer out as he has helped me in the past.  I do have the cash,  just that typically a $900 purchase is not done a daily basis and that would mean 900 points towards my collection of points. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mike3023

Its because of the fees they get charged on a CC purchase and also that anyone with a fake CC or stolen CC can purchase one basically if it hasn't been reported. So a debit or cash would be better i find.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had my reservation since sptember 13th. Now as a business customer I fell like I won't be getting the phone until after everyone else has theirs. Does anyone know if I have the option to just go into a rogers corporate store and if they have stock do the hardware upgrade there, or must I wait for my phone to eventually get mailed to me.

Thanks.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Westcoast604

You could try it but u need to make sure the store can access business and corporate accounts. If they can not, there isn't much that can be done. Call before hand and ask.

Other then that if u want, u can wait and have it mailed to ur home.