Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

where are you getting this pricing info? as far as i know nothing official has come out from rogers 

I Plan to Stick Around

Im #365 right now where does that put me in terms of launch day? I was wondering if i should cancel it and just go to my local rogers and get it from there or should I keep my reservation and wait? Im in need of a phone because I sold my S5 recently so i need some advice thanks guys!
I Plan to Stick Around

@jayv1971

I just cancelled my reservation.  I'm going with a Note 3 - which with an additional discount to my monthy fees, it's going to cost me $0 to get it.  IMHO, the Note 4 will be about $300-$330 on a 2-year term and while I'm sure it will be an awesome device; the Note 3 will suit me fine.  I've had a relevation about stopping the financial insanity of always upgrading to the latest device, and it feels good. I have a neighbor that is incredibly weathy - but chooses to drive a used car with over 200,000 KM's on it.  A friend of mine always trades in for the lastest new BMW, but never has enough money to make ends meet.  I can easily afford 300 bucks for a phone but this is one of those everyday decisions that goes in the category of choosing long term weath over short term emotional status. 

A year from now, the Note 5 will probably get released and marketing will have everyone convinced that their Note 4 is worthless.  The cycle never ends, and two years from now - Rogers will probably offer a Note 4 to me for $0.

I've Been Here Awhile

i agree. I have a year left in my contract so on top of the price of the phone its going to be $400. I really need a new phone though my s3 is destroyed.

Currently london drugs is offering the Note 3 for $0 and the s5 for $49. Tempted to just go get one of those instead.
I Plan to Stick Around

If I reserve online, with pickup at my desired Rogers Plus location (Chinook Centre, Calgary), am I guaranteed to be able to pick it up on the 17th? Also, is the reservation fee on top of what I would be paying (doesn't matter in the end, but I am curious)?

I am planning on buying the phone outright, not updating my contract, as my contract still has 8 months to go. It doesn't seem to give me any options other than "I want this phone!" in the device reservation field.

Any help would be amazing! Thanks! Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mumps

Meowmix replied earlier that we should be able to pick up the Note 4 for outright price. Not sure about the availability for the 17th.
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone else starting to doubt we get this phone on the 17th?

even though samsung sent out that picture that indicated a 17th release date, rogers, nor samsung canada  are able to confirm the date ( ive contacted both)

for what its worth rogers did confirm that upgrade pricing is $329 and outright its $750

fingers crossed for the 17th  

I Plan to Stick Around

nmann

I agree with you am skeptical for the 17th as well.

I have contacted Samsung Canada an was told the 17th is a tentative date.

I truly am puzzeled to why so long for official word form Samsung Canada??

Oct 17th is a week tomorrow and with still nothing from Samsung Canada makes me believe it will be towards end of the month.

Samsung Canada is absolutely awful for press release, I wonder what possibly can be the delay? Just announce a date!

I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@blehmkuhl11

Thanks for the heads up on Note 3 pricing at 0$, and for the opportunity to become $50 richer! Rogers price matched a Futureshop / Bell Note 3 at $49.99 for me a few days ago.  I'll be calling tomorrow for them to match that $0 price.