Samsung Galaxie Tab S 10.5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxie Tab S 10.5

I am so disappointed with Rogers customer service right now.  I have been wanting the above mentioed Tablet for most of this yearFive or six support workers have tld me that I could use the simm card from my Mega int Tabs.  Also told me to go to one of thier stores when I was readyonly to find out that @ 4 local stors, they no longer carry the Tab S.  Phoned CS tonight and talked with a very nice gent named Alex & informs me that the only way the Tab S (that is simm supported) as a phone, is to use Skype. yet on the online specifications, it states on the battery specs that they is 2 days talk time.

I really didn't want to have to pack multible pieces of electronics.I always use an earpiece when I have my phone on & was more than happy to do the same for the tablet.

I also think that the people in the call centers should get on the same page. After ten years with Rogers, my thinking on continuing is rapidly diminishing.Smiley Sad

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxie Tab S 10.5

Is any member of the Community able to assist with their concern?

RogersKyleC

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fysty-1

It seems like Rogers is still selling it at $699.99 outright on their website. Stores may not sell it depending on their store manager.
http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Reading this below.

" As a Rogers customer, you can add your Samsung GALAXY Tab S to a Share Everything™ plan for just $10 per month. And by using my tablet, I save the battery on my smartphone so it’s always ready to make calls and send texts."

To me it sounds like you need to add another line OR activate a new sim card with a Everything plan in order to work. Your sim card / plan might not be capable to work on it although i see no reason why it shouldn't.

Have you tried contacting Samsung Canada?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I got on the phone to CS & talked with them & ended up buying the T-S But the guy I was dealing with said that they haddisabled the voice part of the phone part to only allow texting but no phone calls in oe out.  This is what I wanted this unit for so I don't have to carry a bunch of different devices. On the Rogers site page about the Tab S, it shows all the specification and here is a c&p of the battery specs. "Talk Time:Up to 2 days, Standby time:Up to 1 week, Music Playback:Up to 5.5 days"  It states that "talk" time is up to 2 days. 

When it arrives,I will put my simm card from my phone into it & try for a call.  If I fail, I am going to go to Samsug (downton Vancouver)& see if ther can reactivate the voice whatever. Or hope to find some that knows how to program an android device. I am so confused & upset that one CS ( actually more that one) tells me that I can use this as a phone with the use of my headset & another tells me that R's have disabled that function of the device.  After ten years, I am now concidering leaving Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know if the tab s 10.5 will ever get voice part of the unit activated by rogers?  I bought this tablet because according to the spec is able to be used as a phone with the use of a handsfree device, but rogers says all i can do is to use this for texting & yet they want 10 bucks for a simm to allow me to text.  I even hav a phone number.  I may as well just save the 10 bucks & use this fab. tab as a wifi only. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @fysty-1 ,

Are you referring to SideSynce 3.0 as detailed from the Samsung website here: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytabs/features.html

SideSync 3.0

Seamless connectivity between phone and tablet.

Once you set up SideSync 3.0 with your phone and GALAXY Tab S, you can view your phone screen
on the tablet, transfer data, copy & paste text easily. You can even send and receive voice calls from Tab S.

* Call Forwarding supported on GALAXY S5 and SideSync 3.0 supported on GALAXY Note 3, S4 and S5 as of July 2014.
More devices may be added.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Iwas toldby Rgers tech that the voice had been deactivated. this also seems to be true with the other guys as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tried to get the SS3.0 but it appears that it is not available for the Mege 6.3.  when I searched ss 3.0 in Play store the close I get Smart switch & from Samsung Apps, I get 4000+ flag apps & other garbage.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Though not supported by Rogers and something i'd only recommend for advanced users... you can change the firmware on a Tab S to run Cyanogen.   Once Cyanogen is on the tablet the phone app is available.  I'm able to use my Tab S as a phone because of this.

So the hardware is there in the device, you just need software to access it.. and the firmware from Rogers has it disabled.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so much for that info. Although I am not a developer, I am able to follow simple instructions. Also I live on Canada's west coast. 

Do you know where or how I could get this done? Again thanks for the info. Cheers Angela.