cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 wifi calling

Ian57
I've been here awhile

Hello, I am unable to register for wifi calling. Faled to update the address message at the last of the registration problem. Roger's tech support have tried many things with no success. Before I sent the 6 months old phone bought from Rogers for repair, did anyone else had the same issue. Thanks!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung A70 wifi calling

BeePaws
I've been here awhile
Hey. I just got a text update saying that they were able to resolve my ticket. I can verify that I was able to complete the setup and make a wifi call.
You should try again.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

RogersZia

Good morning @Ian57,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize how convenient the Wi-Fi calling feature is and we'd be happy to ensure you have it set up too :).

May I know what error message/prompt you see when you try and register the address? 

Are you on the most recent update for the A70? If, yes then you can start the set up by clicking here :). 

For a detailed guide on how to set up Wi-Fi Calling please check out this page.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Ian57
I've been here awhile

thanks.

"failed to update the addresss" message.

tried many things, reset network setting, etc bu no success.😔

regards, Ian

Good day @Ian57

Thanks for the information! 🙂 WiFi Calling is super helpful, and I know how important it is to ensure you stay connected at all times, especially during these times. Have you updated your 911 Emergency Address? Can you please try temporarily inputting an alternate address such as your work address to see if it accepts another address? 

Feel free to send us a message at @CommunityHelps  if you're still experiencing issues and we'd be more than happy to have a look into this for you. In the event that you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, feel free to click here.

RogersJo

Hello! Has anyone found a solution for this? I got the same problem. "Failed to update the address"

BeePaws
I've been here awhile
Not me. But I just got my sim today and am also getting the message. I have a ticket in with support for it.

Exact same problem on my Samsung Fold 5:

"Failed to update the address"

Earlier it would not even proceed to this step. Would fail with the message that device is not supported........

This was solved via case number C191925066 but now stuck at the address error.

Hello, @BeePaws & @aditya1arvind 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely want to help you get your Wi-Fi calling set up properly. Are you using the Canada Post prepopulated address or are you entering your address information manually? We recommend using the suggested address provided by Canada post. If the address does not match what is showing in their database there may be errors when trying to activate Wi-Fi calling.

Please let us know if issues are persistent!

RogersTony

Yes tried everything including using the Canada Post address. Same error. The case number i mentioned led to some progress but it's stuck here now. Thanks.

BeePaws
I've been here awhile

Hello. I just swapped over to Rogers two days back. I'm trying to set up my wifi calling - and I get to the point of selecting my address - and it begins provisioning my address and fails. It says: "! Failed to update address". I have tried both while on wifi, while on mobile, accepting the Canada Post address and using my original input.

The rep refreshed my connection and verified my account. The ticket I started was before the holiday, so I am patiently expecting it to take a few days for the escalation to go through.

I also tried another address that was significantly different than mine, but in the same general area and it would also not register.

BeePaws
I've been here awhile
@RogersTony
FYI
I have a work phone also on Rogers. I was able to enable wifi calling on it as I have already registered it in the past. HOWEVER. When I went to change that address.. I was presented with the same error.

So. It looks like there's something system side that's not jiving.. hopefully that's resolved soon

Could you please assist RogersTony ? It seems multiple users are having the same problem!

BeePaws
I've been here awhile
Hey. I just got a text update saying that they were able to resolve my ticket. I can verify that I was able to complete the setup and make a wifi call.
You should try again.

Issue got fixed today and wifi calling is working now! Thanks!

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 in conversation