cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge drivers for Windows 10

BuckMacklin
I'm a reliable contributor

I should be able to plug in my Galaxy S7 Edge, via the USB cable to my Windows computer in order to transfer music and photos.

I have always been able to do this with my other Galaxy phones.  However, somehow it isn't working for me now?

Are there drivers?  

I have installed the USB (Driver) ver. 1.5.45.00 but it does seem to do anything.

Does Rogers have a specific driver for the SM-G935W8?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: S7 Edge drivers for Windows 10

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @BuckMacklin

On my S7 edge I just plug it into my Alienware and in the device a little pop up will appear to so I could select what i want to do. Once I picked USB media transfer it would let me do want I want. It's the same on the Note 7.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @BuckMacklin

On my S7 edge I just plug it into my Alienware and in the device a little pop up will appear to so I could select what i want to do. Once I picked USB media transfer it would let me do want I want. It's the same on the Note 7.

RogersMaude

Good evening @BuckMacklin,

Welcome to the Forums & Thanks for your post!

Normally, when this happens, try changing the USB connection option, on your device, so you can transfer files and/or media by simply dragging and dropping them to your computer. 

Please note : Beside manually downloading the driver installer from Samsung's website and installing it on your computer, you can also download and install Smart Switch for Windows.

This program makes it easy to transfer files/data and it works for all Samsung devices. The company also included all necessary drivers in it.

RogersMaude

GibMcFragger

When you plug it in, you get a popup on your phone asking to authorize access to your files. You have to click YES, or it won't connect.

BuckMacklin

Frankly nothing worked.  
Then I pluged it in, using the same cable, into a laptop with Vista, and it connected.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @BuckMacklin

Hmm maybe the computer u are using is having issues? No other reports other then urs seems to be out and I and others here have no issues. Maybe a reboot or a factory reset must be done.

mandroid1
I've been here awhile

I can confirm that the galaxy S5, S6 edge + and Note 7 all did not connect to a windows 10 OS in my home. I cannot get these devices to connect to windows 10.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mandroid1

Hmm that is really weird. Have u contacted Samsung or Microsoft?

mandroid1
I've been here awhile
No i just use a different method/laptop etc.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mandroid1

Ahh okay. Well it's a good thing to get in touch with them as well to let them know this is going in.
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation