S6 Edge issue with auto-brightness

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

S6 Edge issue with auto-brightness

It seems all Rogers S6 Edge have the same issue at the Sprint/Verizon/AT&T ones with the auto-brightness not working properly and the screen not being as bright as it can be unless a flashlight/sun shines on it.

See:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/511648-auto-brightness-issues-strange-glitch...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/522205-will-samsung-fix-screen-brightness-bu...

and countless others.

According to one of the last posts in the 2nd link, Samsung/AT&T just released a fix for this a couple days ago. When does Rogers plan on releasing this fix??

Thx

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: S6 Edge issue with auto-brightness

Hello @stripe

That is correct. That issue is in all the Rogers, Bell and Telus versions. Unfortunately there is no date on when the update will be released and they don't announce small updates like this. Usually they will just release the update when it's given to them and tested. So until then, we just have to wait. I can confirm Rogers aware of this issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. However the fix is already available and released (therefore I presume it's been tested already), for at least one carrier if not more. I would think that Rogers would make it a priority to release it as well, given that this is not an insignificant issue. 

Can Rogers please chime in here and tell us when this fix will go out?

Thx

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stripe

I agree it is their priority but they don't usually give out dates in when small updates come out, only major ones such as a new bigger update. The fix is only released ATT, no other Canadian carrier or American carrier seem to have released it yet. You have to understand in order to release a update, it takes a bit of time so the carriers can make sure it works their networks and test it out. Again hopefully Rogers can chime in but u won't get a ETA. just a heads up. Hopefully it will be released soon. I do have the S6 Edge as well and see that a few times although mine seems to be working most of the times. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I understand. You mean that yours doesn't auto-dim/auto-brighten when you're inside or go in the sun, even though the auto-brightness setting is off? Mine does for sure.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stripe

Mine does as well. It seems i am also having a pink tint issue on the bottom of the screen when on full brightness as well. Shame as i love the S6 edge is seems Samsung didn't really pay attention to making the screen work as its supposed too.
I Plan to Stick Around

I received an update for my s6 edge today. Not sure what it updated but my issue remains. Still not fixed.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stripe 

I received that update just not to long ago. The image I posted shows what the update gives. Unfortunately I don't think they noticed it in time to add it. Screenshot_2015-05-18-18-22-01.png

I Plan to Stick Around

I saw and read this message as well before upgrading but, as you can see, it's very generic. It says nothing with regards to the exact content of the update or what get's fixed/improved. 

When's the last time you spoke to Rogers about this issue and what did they tell you then?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stripe

They told me they are aware of the issue & working with Samsung Canada to get the issue fixed. They can NOT give me a ETA or when it will be released as its also up to Samsung Canada.