S5 Front Camera Blocked

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

S5 Front Camera Blocked

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else seen their new Galaxy S5's front camera being obstructed with a crescent shape piece inside the device that blocks the front camera, I've had the issue for about a month now, hoping it would move away, but it has progressed from a tiny corner of the camera blocked to now more than half of the camera is blocked by it making the camera take really blurry images using the front camera.

What is the best way to fix this? Deal with a Rogers rep at a store and wait for a repair, ask for a new S5 as replacement?

Thanks for your time

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: S5 Front Camera Blocked

Hello jhkj

At this point u will need to send it into the repair for them to unlock it. It may take 2-4 weeks to get it back. My S5 doesn't have this issue at all and mu front camera works fine?

They won't give u a new S5 seeing as u have had it for 1 month and mostly likely went over the 30 minutes. If u contact Rogers tech support, they will most likely send u a refurbished S5 and u send urs back via mail. This will be a $35 charge on ur invoice.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation