cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra on Rogers says Dual SIM and eSIM

viewaskew
I'm here a lot

Why does the Rogers webpage for the S22 Ultra say Sim Dual and esim but Rogers doesn't actually support it. I saw it listed on their page, did and upgrade, only to find Rogers chat tells me I can't when I tried switching to an esim.
Can anyone from Rogers clarify why this is?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: S22 Ultra on Rogers says Dual SIM and eSIM

Glad to hear my colleagues in the Yorkdale mall were able to help you out @viewaskew. Thanks for keep us posted. If you'd like we can surely provide feedback to the rep who assisted you over chat. If you'd like us to do so please reach out via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can check out this blog to learn how to send us a PM. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RogersZia

Good afternoon @viewaskew,

I hope you're enjoying the new phone so far! The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is Dual SIM compatible, may I know how did you do the original hardware upgrade? Was it done online or at a store?

You can visit a rogers store to complete a Dual SIM activation.

RogersZia

GR66
I plan to stick around
I've got an s22 that I bought from Samsung Canada for Telus but ended up switching to Rogers and its running great on an esim. I was in the city last night and 5g worked great a and fast

stallion84
I've been here awhile
How did you get esim from Rogers if they don't provide it for Samsung phones. I have S22 ultra and they wouldn't do it

GR66
I plan to stick around
They did it for me. I got the plan from valet wireless in Ontario so I did it over the phone. They emailed me a picture of the esim and I installed it from my files as a screenshot. I was running a physical Sim card from public mobile and the Rogers esim. Now that I'm satisfied with Rogers service I cancelled the other one so I'm still running the esim.

HUP was done at a store.  It was a Rogers Rep on the help chat that told me only iPhones and Google devices work. 

viewaskew
I'm here a lot

After I did my HUP at a Samsung store (Rogers wait was 4+ weeks), I brought the phone home and contacted Rogers to transfer my esim to a new esim and then use the phone.  It was frustrating because the rep on the help-chat told me that Samsungs were not supported and only iPhone and Google Pixel phones were.  After I also said that a moderator here said it was possible.  She then claimed that Rogers does not control what people say on forums.  If the - email transcript - worked for that conversation, I would be posting it here for sure.

At the end of the mess, they put my number on a physical sim and called it a day.

After which, I went to the Rogers store in Yorkdale mall in Toronto and they were AMAZING.  I am not sure how they did it or what they did, but they set it up exactly as I thought it would work and no problems what so ever.  The manager even called his Samsung rep to confirm it would work before they started to transferring the accounts.  

Shout out to Rogers in Yorkdale mall.  Not so much to the rep online that told me it was not possible.

If there is some way for your reps to look at my account and check my chat transcript from when I tried to make the change, you will find where I was told it was not possible.

Glad to hear my colleagues in the Yorkdale mall were able to help you out @viewaskew. Thanks for keep us posted. If you'd like we can surely provide feedback to the rep who assisted you over chat. If you'd like us to do so please reach out via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can check out this blog to learn how to send us a PM. 

RogersZia

kristalf
I've been here awhile

I contacted Rogers to ask if they support dual sim on my S20+ and was told (on chat) they could not answer my question.  I know the S20+ has the technology, I don't know if Roger's can do it.  Bell says on their website they will support dual sim on the S20+.  Does anyone know if Rogers will?

Good day @kristalf,

Thank you for your post!

The Samsung Galaxy S20 line of devices is compatible with nano SIM card type.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 6 in conversation