S20 Ultra Unable to Connect to 5G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

S20 Ultra Unable to Connect to 5G

I got a s20 5G in the network setting it is on 5G I have the infinite plan with 5G and the newest Sim to support 5G but the network still shows lte+ only Rogers blames Samsung and Samsung said its working and its carrier issue. Do I just have a 5G phone that is actually lte+ running only.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: S20 Ultra Unable to Connect to 5G

Hi Farshaddarvidh,

Have you actually looked at the 5G coverage map on Rogers? yes they have 5G but just because they have it does not mean its broadcast everywhere

have a look at toronto for example, the 5g coverage map looks like Swiss cheese so its possible your in a city where no 5g exists or if you are in a big city that has 5g, you may be in a part of the city that has not had 5g deployed to your area yet. hope this helps.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

oh and by the way, rogers should NOT be blaming samsung, if the rep was good at their job, they should have checked the coverage map on their system and check your home location to tell you if your area is 5g or not, a lazy agent would probably just want to get you off the phone and blame it on the mfgr. hope this helps

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I have in downtown Toronto my postal code does have 5G, the M4M postal code is 5G ready.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

radio signals do not always follow geographic boundaries. so definately you may get 5g in some parts of your neighbourhood and 4g in others. its just like how some radio stations come in clear in one part of your home and staticy in another part.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I understand that but should that only be if you're stationary if you're moving through out downtown shouldn't you be able to pick that up?
Highlighted

Hey @Farshaddarvidh,

There's definitely quite a bit of interest surrounding the rollout of 5G service! I'd just like to help clarify a few things. 😊

What is 5G? As they evolve, 5G networks will allow us to stream, download and upload massive amounts of data at unprecedented speeds. And with the capacity to link together billions of devices, 5G will connect us not only with our loved ones but to our homes, machines, cars, businesses, and communities in ways we can only imagine! Today, 5G speeds are comparable to our fastest 4G LTE experience and will continue to get faster over time.

At present, 5G access is included with Rogers Infinite plans at no extra charge until March 2021. 5G access should be available to those who: have a 5G phone, a Rogers Infinite plan, and are in an area with 5G coverage. 

If you meet the above-noted requirements and are still unable to connect to the 5G network, this could be because:

• Your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger
  • You’re in an Extended Coverage area
  • You’re roaming outside of Canada
  • You’re using a Samsung 5G device from another wireless provider. NOTE: If the device was activated by Fido, Chatr, or Tbaytel please contact Rogers Technical Support. If another Canadian telecom operator activated the phone you will need to contact Samsung directly.

You may also CLICK HERE to view some more FAQs about 5G on the Rogers Network.

Thanks!

RogersLaura