Rogers Please start updating security Patches on Samsung Devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Please start updating security Patches on Samsung Devices

Yes  I did the same and flashed the telus version of the Marshmellow update, in doing so have also made a decision to leave Rogers when my contract is up (this time next year)

I think the CEO is mistaken in thinking that customer service has improved, as this situation is proof that Rogers continues to ignore it's customers.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree, if I didn't had a grandfathered gov contract with them I would have switched a while ago. Telus seems to be actually updating their marshmallow updates page...
I've Been Here Awhile

@estret wrote:

Yes  I did the same and flashed the telus version of the Marshmellow update, in doing so have also made a decision to leave Rogers when my contract is up (this time next year)

I think the CEO is mistaken in thinking that customer service has improved, as this situation is proof that Rogers continues to ignore it's customers.  

Agreed. When my contract is finished, I'll be switching over to another provider. I have a multitude of services through Rogers and I'll be cancelling everything. I don't think they'll really care though. 

I'll turn a blind eye to some of their questionable practices however when it comes to not releasing security patches and then Rogers employees explicitly and publicly lying about not having received the patches, well, that just goes too far.

Rogers, you need to govern yourselves accordingly. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hummm! I like to hear comment from Rogers community helper team !!! Please dont make any excuse.

I've Been Here Awhile

So...Samsung has now released their Security Patches for May.

http://security.samsungmobile.com/smrupdate.html#SMR-MAY-2016

Where are those updates? Hmm? Still no Marshmellow from Rogers. Still no security patches from Rogers. Rogers hasnt released a security patch since November of 2015.

Fortunately for myself, I installed the Telus release of Marshmellow that included the April security patches. Rogers? Where are you on this? Not that anyone at Rogers cares, however you are leaving everyones phones vulnerable to exploits.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm resurrecting an old thread. I said I'd never buy a carrier branded phone again due to this issue with the lack of security patches. I guess I lied since I now have a S7 Edge.

This is pretty basic stuff. Is there a reason why Rogers can't follow suit and send out monthly updates like US carriers for Security Patches? Many US carriers have the Sept patch whereas the S7 has the July patch still. The patch is compiled for you and ready to be sent out. I know this for an fact. Everything is ready. Rogers seems to neglect this and there is absolutely no reason to hold back monthly Security Patches from Samsung. Please get it together.
I've Been Around

the point that most people don't get is, as stated by Darell, Rogers will release only GMR and EMR. If you see the monthly patches coming out of Samsung, don't ever hope to have them, you won't.

If it's an emergency patch, you will have it. If it's a GMR (like Marshmallow update, Nougat), you will have it and that's it.

Yeah it sucks. I don't like it. THEY SHOULD release EVERY PATCHES but they don't. Several patches are critical and we don't get them. Only Nexus & iOS devices have them. 

I have a Note 4, thinking to go back to iOS, even if I want a Note7 as a protestation against that.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung galaxy tab s2 security updates

The last updates was in July,  when can we expect updates? 

I Plan to Stick Around

According to the update schedule there was supposed to be a big fix and security update 2 days ago, at least for my s7, which still hasn't happened. I'm waiting on it hoping it'll fix issues I have rather than sending this pos back to Samsung.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jmatteis

Different devices that the poster above u is asking for. It will come 🙂