cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming turning on Samsung Galaxy S7 even if roaming is turned off?

qa6
I plan to stick around

I recently picked up 2  new Galaxy S7's for my Gf and her daughter and whenever they go into an arena where there is virtualy no service the R for Roaming appears even if Roaming is turned off. My concern is they will get charges if they make or recieve any calls or txts. Why is this automatcilly turning on? 

I have a Nexus 6P and this has never happened to me. Seams to be only the S7.

Thoughts?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roaming turning on Samsung Galaxy S7 even if roaming is turned off?

RogersZia

Hi @qa6,

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community.

Roaming should typically be turned on/off manually. Can you double check the roaming settings under Mobile Networks? I would also recommend you to verify roaming settings when there is service available, just to check if the option remains turned on or if  it turns off. 

I would suggest you keep an eye on your usage via the My Rogers App and also check the next invoice incase you see any roaming charges.

Anyone other S7 users in the Community experiencing something similar?

RogersZia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Hi @qa6,

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community.

Roaming should typically be turned on/off manually. Can you double check the roaming settings under Mobile Networks? I would also recommend you to verify roaming settings when there is service available, just to check if the option remains turned on or if  it turns off. 

I would suggest you keep an eye on your usage via the My Rogers App and also check the next invoice incase you see any roaming charges.

Anyone other S7 users in the Community experiencing something similar?

RogersZia

I have a Galaxy S9.  I have Data Roaming turned off and VoLTE calls turned on.  Every time I leave my home (WiFi), the R shows up rather than the LTE.  So far I have not incurred any charges, BUT, I also loose connectivity to the internet.  This is extremely frustrating.  I am talking about literally driving away from my house here.  I want to know how to permanently fix this.  I don't think I should have to turn Airplane mode on and off every time I leave an area with WiFi.  That really is not a viable option and that's not the way the phone should work.

Hello, @Saucygirl

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

This sounds like quite a frustrating issue! The transition from WiFi to LTE should be seamless. For testing purposes, please disable the VoLTE feature on your phone and see if the same issue is happening. Was your Galaxy S9 purchased from Rogers or a different carrier?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation