cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Deleted Text Messages

SM_1
I've been here awhile

Hi!
I accidentally deleted my entire history of text messages from my mom last week! Is there a way for me to get them back???

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Restore Deleted Text Messages

RogersZia

Good afternoon @SM_1,

Welcome to the Community :).

I can imagine how upsetting it is to lose the entire chat history. MayI know what phone do you currently have? If you've created a backup you should be able to restore the messages from there. If not, then I'm afraid there may not be a way to retrieve the messages.

Good luck!

RogersZia

SM_1
I've been here awhile
Hi @RogersZia
Thank you for your response.
And yes it is very upsetting to me! I was just trying to delete a drafted message I had written so not sure how I ended up deleting the entire history! Anyways to answer your question, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. And in terms of the backup, I was going to do that right after it happened but for whatever reason my last backup was over a year ago so I decided not to as then I would lose this past year of messages with all other contacts and possibly a lot of other data as well...please let me know if you think of anything else! Thx!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
unless you physically backed it up from your android i do not think its possible and probably not worth the time and effort to try. my text messages are often deleted as the messages app on the android gets very bulky in storage unless you frequently clean up your messages. text messages are really designed for short term messaging, if anything important i prefer to send it via email so i can back it up easily to the cloud
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation