ROGERS Network work with Unlocked Phones?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: ROGERS Network work with Unlocked Phones?

Hello @lockdown2341

That's true. Hopefully it does end up working for the user! And if not, then I'll try me best with some others to see if we can try and make it work 🙂

I'm a Reliable Contributor

That's a loaded phone for the price. I'm iffy on Mediatek processors, but the Helio P10 is supposed to be good.

I checked out the bands, and it should work one you add the Rogers APN.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Yeah neither am i with those Mediatek processors but again u never know on each device.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks you all.

I don't want to lump Canada in with the US. Most Chinese phones can already be used on LTE in Canada. That's because two of the biggest carriers (Bell & Rogers) have LTE band 7 (2600) which nearly all LTE/4G Chinese phones have. For instance, someone using the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 in Canada on LTE band 7 but it is not compatible with any US carrier's LTE bands.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope Elephone P9000 will work 4G LTE in Canada as I has 4G LTE (FDD-LTE): Band 1/3/7/8/20.  Band 7 ( 2600 Mhz).

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yea. It should work on band 7, but LTE coverage won't be nearly as good as correct phones with all the Rogers bands (obviously).
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I purchased a factory unlocked Samsung s6 Edge Plus, model SM-G928C.  everything seems to be working fine except I'm not getting 4G on it, I only get 3G or H+.  Below are the phone specs which I believe are compatible with 4G on Rogers:

Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600),
8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 26(850), 28(700),
40(2300)
Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps/ LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes

I tried the instructions on setting up the APN but it didn't work...

Any advice?  thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Seems like the problem was my SIM card, it was an older card that I had cut up from Micro to Nano size...I went to a Rogers store and they gave me a new one (free!) and now I get 4G...

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dabas1000,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Making sure you're using our latest Rogers LTE Multi SIM Card would have definitely done the trick, thanks for sharing the information with the rest of the Community.Smiley Wink

RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Did you ever get your P9000 to work on the LTE network.  I just got my Elephone P9000 but all I can get is 3G.