Push message on or off?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Push message on or off?

I'm using a Galaxy S5, find out under text message, settings, an potion call Push Messages.

May I know what is it?

Should I turn it on or off?

Many thanks for your help.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Push message on or off?

Hello @pp1111

I spoke to a friend with a Samsung device who mentioned, this setting is intended to control how the device reacts when a URL is received in a text message.  When the setting is ON you will have 3 options: Always, Prompt, Never. See the description below:

Service Load messages forces the phone to go directly to the content without user intervention (depending on the security level of your mobile phone)

So depending on your personal preference, you can pick the option that's best fit.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @pp1111

It's a push messaging system for Samsung services from what I've read. I am guessing similar to Apple Push Notifications services.

Feel free to chime in Community Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Should I keep it On or Off?

What is the different?

Thanks again.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @pp1111

I spoke to a friend with a Samsung device who mentioned, this setting is intended to control how the device reacts when a URL is received in a text message.  When the setting is ON you will have 3 options: Always, Prompt, Never. See the description below:

Service Load messages forces the phone to go directly to the content without user intervention (depending on the security level of your mobile phone)

So depending on your personal preference, you can pick the option that's best fit.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks very much RogersAsif, coz I read some ppl said is a braodcast thing from your provider or goverment...

Now I will turn it off since is nothing relate to that broadcasting thing Cat LOL

Thanks again for your help.