Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S4 after Kit Kat update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S4 after Kit Kat update

The Kit Kat 4.4.2 update appeared on my phone about a week ago and ever since I have noticed remarkably worse battery life. The primary user of the battery appears to be "Android OS" due to the phone being awake almost 100% of the time. Another website suggested clearing the cache, which helped for about a day. I unplugged the phone after charging it overnight at around 7:10 and by the time I got to work around 8 it was at 91%. I also remarked that the battery was warmer/hotter than usual (even when I unplugged it). 

Apparently this battery life/high consumption by "Android OS" is a known problem with Kit Kat (I believe the previous OS I had was Jellybean). Several posters reported a factory reset should be tried however I prefer to avoid this as I do not want to have to set up my phone/apps all over again. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersKyleC
Retired Moderator

Re: Poor Battery Life on Galaxy S4 after Kit Kat update

Is any member of the Community able to assist  with their concern?

RogersKyleC

I've Been Here Awhile

I wish I could give you an answer....all I can do is commiserate.  I just got the S4 in June and I have had nothing but trouble with the battery since.  To the point I can't even use it.  I am back to my old HTC.  I have taken the S4 back to the store where I was told 'too bad...sorry about your luck' (ok...I am paraphrasing a bit).  So far NOT impressed.

Hoping you get an answer soon!

I'm Here A Lot

My battery is unreasonably draining when it reaches fewer than 30%. It depletes fast like 1% every 5 secs. Physically little inflated.

What to do? Will rogers replace the battery for free or will Samsung do it for free?

Smiley Happy Addicted to Win Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello parashvora

Unfortunately Rogers won't replace it for free unless the device is deemed not in a working condition. You can contact Samsung but they will tell u to contact Rogers. Also please keep in mind if ur warranty has ended then no one will give u a free battery and u will need to pay and get it replaced.