cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel XL Wifi Dropping

osmossis
I'm here a lot

and the title suggests when connected to certin wifis the ophone will keep switching from wifi to LTE and Back ive forgotten network, restarted router still no differnt, Girlfriends Note 5 connected no issue. any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pixel XL Wifi Dropping

i got it to work but going into router settings and setting it up for the 5ghz band only

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @osmossis

This is a known issue with the Pixel. There are many complaining on Google and XDA about this. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a resolution other then the update that came out a while back or factory reset the device. Maybe on XDA there might be a resolution.

only does it on my home WIFI everwhere else seems to be fine

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @osmossis

Yes many have the same issue as you only with one or two wifi sections.

i got it to work but going into router settings and setting it up for the 5ghz band only

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@osmossis wrote:

Interesting. I got a dual band router because I mistakenly thought it would have more range than my previous route. I later learned that the 5Ghz band was supposed to have more speed but shorter range. In fact, only the newest devices support 5Ghz, so it's largely wasted in my home.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

mousetamer
I'm a trusted contributor

I had the same issue with my XL after the 7.1.1 OTA update. I lived with it for a week or so. Then I decided to do a factory reset and it has been stable since then. I did the reset twice in a row as is suggested by some. The only connection issue I'm still having is on the data side. Sometimes I can't get the data to connect at all. It happens less frequently since the reset though. I'm sure Google will fix this with the next patch since 7.1.1 is what seems to be causing it (the data problems started after the update).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mousetamer

Glad that was helpful and worked for u! Thanks!:)
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation