cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel - July 2017 patch install problem

zero2
I've been here awhile

Pixel - July 2017 patch install problem

As title states, I'm having issues with the patch installing.

The patch is downloading, just gives an error during install.

Can someone from Rogers please take a look and maybe pull the patch if it's faulty?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pixel - July 2017 patch install problem

Hello, @zero2

I have researched this issue, it seems like Pixel devices with the build number NKG47M were affected. As per Pixel User Community, Google is aware of the issue and looking into the resolution. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @zero2

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Are you still having issues installing the patch on your Pixel device?

Anyone else in the community having any issues with updating their Pixel XL?

RogersPrasana

zero2
I've been here awhile

The downloaded patch is no longer on the phone. Looks like its now on June 2017 and the July patch is no longer available. Do you know if anything was pulled?

Hello, @zero2

I have researched this issue, it seems like Pixel devices with the build number NKG47M were affected. As per Pixel User Community, Google is aware of the issue and looking into the resolution. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Funny enough this problem is affecting certain carriers..  Rogers being one of them.  So.. Since this install failed and continued to try to install using cellular data, will I be credited for the overages?  

smead2483
I plan to stick around

I'm curious about this as well. I have the Pixel (5") that I received as a replacement to my previous pixel (screen replacement) it's on the April 5 security patch, and has been unable to download & install the latest security update. It's been continuously trying to download and install the update to no avail, my only solution to the data overages is to turn data off, which  A factory reset did not work. And because of this I'm over my data limit.

Hello @ilennox & @smead2483,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Going over your Cellular Data is always a pain, those overage charges can really add up! Especially if this was not a fault of your own and due to a firmware patch that kept failing over and over again.

This definitely should not be happening and we want to take a closer look at this for you and try to make it right. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can investigate this matter fully.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation