Phone List Capabiities Bluetooth (MAP) Messaging Access Profile?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Phone List Capabiities Bluetooth (MAP) Messaging Access Profile?

I did trying to work on my oldest phone is Iphone 4s, LG-G2, Samsung Note, LG-G4 to downgrading software and new update,  I did trying to setup Bluetooth (Message Access Profile) for my brand new 2015 Dodge R/T navigation system.  It works only in voice and call but not working with Messaging screen isnt come up.   i did try all different phone with sim card transferred, did try to test text message on phone .  it s wont come up any damnest stupid phones!   I remember that my brother mention me that he had LGG2 was working (message access point) in past but somehow android is idioit to upgrade it, after stopped working since now.

I m pretty frustrate with (bluetooth MAP) issue.  it s better to fixed it or what kind of phone capabilities of bluetooth (messaging access point) on new phones.  I have look through shop at new phone, there is no much detail information about which device supports (MAP). if anyone you have tried Messaging Access Profile work with phone.  It will be good to share to eveyones.  Thanks

I plan to change and upgrading if available (MAP) supports.

I rather to have bluetooth (MAP) instead drive and text.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Phone List Capabiities Bluetooth (MAP) Messaging Access Profile?

Hi @sylvainkruff,

Thank you for your post, I understand you're looking for a list of compatible phones that will work with Bluetooth (MAP) Messaging Access Profile for your 2015 Dodge R/T navigation system. You mentioned your brothers LG G2 was working with the message access point in the past, what's the current make/model of the phone you're now trying to get to work with the message access point? If it's an Android what version update are you currently running? Besides voice and call, has any device worked with your 2015 Dodge R/T navigation (MAP) system?

As for the list you requested, hopefully one of our resident experts @Meowmix or anyone who has maybe used this feature before could perhaps help to suggest any compatible messaging access profile devices or point you to a list.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My brother has LG G2 KitKat 4.4 was worked with Navgiation system to recieve text message through it. Now he has been updated LG G2 isn't working anymore when after updated.

I have been test on Iphone 4s, IOS 9 worked with only voice, calls, and audio but no text message screen,

LG G2, work with only voice, calls, and audio, but no text message screen. (No Bluetooth MAP) after KitKat 4.4.2

LG G4, work with only voice, calls, and audio, but no text message screen. (No Bluetooth MAP) Lollipop 5.1

I m already trying to mod in root LG-G4 to add bluetooth MAP apk but still doesn't work. It s Lollipop 5.1  no luck for all i have phone.

Hopefully to get answer which phone capabilties of bluetooth MAP

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sylvainkruff,

Thank you for your patience.

So far I've found the iPhone 4 and later supports the MAP feature according to this iOS Supported Bluetooth profiles chart found here on the Apple website (should work). As far the Android, I haven't found any conformation online, maybe one of our resident experts @Meowmix or anyone in the Community has used this feature before could help out.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Have you reached out to Fiat Chrysler yet to see what is supported with their uConnect systems.  I know in the past they had issues with certain version of Android and iOS not working with their systems because of a fault in the software on their side.  

You can check their site for software updates for the head unit as well to see if it addresses any of the issues you are experiencing...