PLEASE Rogers Enable WiFi Calling on Note 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

PLEASE Rogers Enable WiFi Calling on Note 5

The Note 5 is capable of WiFi calling and since the device is VoLTE I cannot register for Rogers One now for WiFi calling on that app. I have bad reception at home and miss calls frequently. Please look into this.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: PLEASE Rogers Enable WiFi Calling on Note 5

Hi @dieselx

We're always looking to expand our service offerings. Have you submitted this to IdeaBox?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Can't. The new idea tab is greyed out. Can't post anything there
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell

I can't post in that forum.

I call tech support and they can't do anything. This is now a major issue. I cant receive texts or calls with hardly any service in my office located downstairs. Since the Galaxy Note 5 is enabled on the Rogers network with VoLTE my device can't use Rogers One now. The Note 5 is capable of doing WiFi calling on the phone but the feature isn't enabled on the Rogers Network. Now I just renewed my contract for 2 years. The way Rogers handles things with Android I won't see this feature ever on this phone. Not impressed right now.
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@dieselx

I understand that you are looking to post a suggestion in out Idea Box. Smiley Happy

I'd like to help. 

On our Community Forums Home page,  you should see the Idea box Icon seen here: ib1.png

This will bring you to our Idea Box page. 

On this page, you shall see " New Idea".ib2.png

Once you click on that link, it will give you the option to create and post an idea.

I hope this helps, If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersAliciaG & @RogersDarrell

It seems to be locked or down.. I can not even post there either as its grayed out as @dieselx said. Please fix this if possible. Thanks. 

dsfagsadgsa.png

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@Meowmix @dieselx

Your Ideas are important to us. 

Thank you for letting us know, I can confirm the 'New Idea' button should be working again. 

Thanks, Community! 

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersAliciaG

Thank you! It works now 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Got this message from Rogers on November 25th.

Rogers msg: Wi-Fi Calling from Rogers lets you stay connected in even more places! Send and receive calls, SMS and MMS over any Wi-Fi connection; even in basements, condos and tall buildings! Simply turn it on in your device settings to enjoy. Calls and messages over Wi-Fi will be deducted from your wireless plan. For more info, visit http://www.rogers.com/wificallingfaq.

I haven't been able to activate Wifi calling and the FAQ in the link only refers to the iPhone.

Anyone figure how to activate it on the note 5?
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mrnovanova,

Thank you for your patience I can see you mentioned you received a Rogers message about Wi-Fi calling and now you're looking for information on activation this service on your Samsung Note 5. So far the eligible devices for Wi-Fi calling on the Rogers network are the iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus on iOS 9. Wi-Fi calling on the Samsung Note 5 is not available as of yet. We are keeping an eye out for any communication and will update accordingly.

Thanks,
RogersArthur