cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6T on Rogers

kingsclear
I plan to stick around
Today, it was announced that T-MOBILE in the US is teaming up at last with OnePlus to bring the 6T to that network in November when it's released.

We need Rogers to do the same. The 6T will be an incredible phone for Rogers customers at a lower price point than Samsung, LG, Huawei, and Apple. It will be an ultimate flagship possibly the first one to sport the upcoming Snapdragon 855 CPU.

Please make it happen! NEVER SETTLE!
6 REPLIES 6

Re: OnePlus 6T on Rogers

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kingsclear

The specs seem really high end! I won't lie it seems like a great phone so far from the leaks.

While in the states only one carrier announced that they are working with OPPO to bring in November, here in Canada there is no mention yet. They haven't fully announced the device yet. Only 3 days ago was there a leak of the actual device and the small notch in the top.

Once the device has been announced and such, we will see Canadian carriers will play along and go with it.

Until then, there isn't much Rogers can say. They can't announce or speak on a device that they may or may not get just yet.

kingsclear
I plan to stick around
Good response except you said OPPO. While there is, possibly, a relationship between OPPO and OnePlus we are talking about OnePlus and NOT OPPO. OPPO doesn't make phones which are compatible with North American networks at this point. OnePlus has sold into North America since their first phone, the OnePlus One which was substantially better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 at the time for close to $300 less.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kingsclear

Yes that is correct. OPPO Electronics is the parent company of One Plus. That's what I meant.

kingsclear
I plan to stick around
That works. However, I now see the 6T maybe released in October. Do you see any chance that Rogers might follow suit and set up a carrier agreement?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kingsclear

To be honest I don't know. They may or may not. We shall see when in October the phone geta released and see if Rogers will pick it up.

superbrowndude
I plan to stick around
I've had 3 oneplus phones. I'm currently selling my Oneplus 5. 8gb of ram, two 16mp cameras on the back and 16mp on the front. Amazing quality phones, but I need a bigger screen so moving to a note 9
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation