OS Upgrades page...what is its purpose.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

OS Upgrades page...what is its purpose.

What's the purpose of the OS Upgrades Page? It shows the current OS revision for phones, then....nothing. There's a couple of columns to show some potentially useful information, if only Rogers kept it up to date. If you're going to have a page like this, can Rogers at least maintain it properly?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: OS Upgrades page...what is its purpose.

I hear you. It's useless. At least Telus' page is updated with actual dates. Sure they are soft dates and can change when updates get delayed, but at least you can get an idea when your update is coming. Rogers page is a joke.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Couldn't agree more.. the only device with *any* info is the G3 (which, great, that's my phone) and the only info is "6.0 - Coming Soon!". This hasn't changed in months.

I've got to think at this point that literally no one maintains the page.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just figured out why the OS Update Schedule is never updated , at the bottom of the page is the dislaimer:

"Making sure these dates are accurate is our top priority."

This is easy to do when you don't have any dates listed! Smiley LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

Absolutely useless page. It is kind of a joke I think.
I Plan to Stick Around

Makes me want to unlock my phone... Absolutely no info on the Samsung S5. Ha-ha at least a coming soon! Should be there as it's been updating around the world.
I Plan to Stick Around

Best guess is mid-May by the time Rogers gets around to verifying and pushing it out.  Korea and Trinidad(!) are getting it now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Korea, Trinidad got it last week. Sprint got it last Friday. It's hit the States and will be rolling out through the rest soon I hope.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jmfva

I havent heard anything from the other Canadian carriers as well. So i don't know if its a thing with Samsung Canada which is causing this or all Canadian carriers just waiting until they want to release it. The S5 should be updated to the new update which i find fair.
I've Been Around

This doesn't make annnny sense. Telus has released this upgrade months ago and I'm getting sick of the "coming soon" message on the OS upgrade page. Is there any actual progress on availability? And if so, can they come up with concrete date? I understand my phone works fine without the update,  but I don't pay $100 a month to get notifications about NHL packages and data overages. I want OS upgrades and proper timelines as to when I'm going to get them along with some customer service. I want Marshmallow and I want it now! 😞