Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

5.0.1 is rolling out on T-mobile. The rumour is the Note Edge will get the 5.1.1 upgrade before the end of the summer. 5.0.1is buggy and some carriers are passing on it. 5.1.1 is much more stable, and will be the OS release on the Note 5 Edge. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FanDroidBoi

That is the rumour that is going around. It seems like Samsung Canada wants the Note Edge to get 5.1.1 but unfortunately there is no way to verify that for sure. Hopefully we get the 5.1..

Also no one knows if it's going to be called Note 5 edge or not. So let's just stay away from making rumours lol.
I've Been Here Awhile

When do we get lolipop upgrade

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @54Dutch

Unfortunately as i made a statement on that thread, the update hasn't been pushed out and also there is no information yet on when it will be pushed out.

I'm Here A Lot

A couple of things to remember 1) ALL Canadian firmware is the same doesn't matter who you are with don't believe me punch *#272*IMEI# into the dialer all the csc codes come up for Canada. 2) only 20,000 units were sold in Canada so unfortunately its not a priority for Sammy .

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @32dave

Unfortunately those numbers don't mean anything as its still a device. There are rumours flying around that it will get 5.1 straight. Until then no one knows what is going on.. So until then we are all guessing.
I'm Here A Lot

With the new Samsung keyboard virus,we need an updated rom. All major carriers in the world have updated. It is unacceptable that the Canadian carriers are not forcing this with Samsung. If it is such a problem to get a Canadian update, why are our phones different from the US? When will we get the update? With the potential virus, my phone is useless.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KevMac

That virus is for all Samsung devices. So it's not only singled out for the Note Edge. Second Samsung Canada is rumoured as i said above that it will bring 5.1 out instead. If that is true then it's up to Samsung and the carriers together to make it happen.

Again carriers can only do so much unless Samsung gives them the update and then the carriers will push it out. Once again I will press on this. It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing around the world. We aren't the same as them remember that. This goes for any business.

I am just saying that it could be something internally going on and thus we must wait. Patience is the key.
I'm Here A Lot

You are right that it is all phones, but most other phones are being updated. I have been getting updates for my S4, S5, and S6 edge, but not the Note edge. I know their is nothing you can do, but Rogers needs to push for this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KevMac

I am pretty sure they are pushing but again if Samsung is postponing it, nothing can be done. It's not only Rogers that has the Note Edge. Bell has it and still hasn't received it. So it seems like Samsung Canada is holding back here.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge got a update a few weeks ago. The virus your talking about just got out yesterday if i am not mistaken your talking about the SwiftKey one.